Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default Re: 69 Z28 pad vin stamp in April '69?

I agree which is why I didn't post any examples, however if someone post an opinion that it's a questionable stamping, it's equally important to offer an opinion in favor of the stamping based on original examples. Imagine if it were your car and the stamping was questioned. Always two sides...

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 01-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Yes and I have been on that side... Currently this is just a discussion about a stamping. I dont think anyone has called it a restamp but there have been wishes or requests for a better pic.. This conversation more than likely would not made it this far if the pic quality were better. Also you know as well as anyone that when a 9 Z is up for sale the first thought (unless its original unrestored) is the engine a restamp, is the tag a repop, etc.. Just the nature of the beast. I enjoy the conversation but the details as to why or what makes it this or that are not needed as Jonesy mentioned.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

My survivor Z was an 04C car with V0409DZ stamping.

Paul
Old 01-01-2017, 04:01 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonesy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think this type of info should be shared openly. It just helps others create more fake stampings. </div></div>

Ding, ding, ding!!!!</div></div>

Ditto [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Thanked 2,157 Times in 669 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two V0407DZ pad pics with different LA VINs.</div></div>

Do the stampings look the same on yours ? </div></div>

The V0407DZ stamps are identical; the VIN stampings differ slightly. One has a characteristic no restamper would duplicate.

There is no question both pads are genuine.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:20 PM

That statement maybe true, but how are people suppose to get educated, so someone doesn't get scammed. Just believe one so called expert. I like the variety of unbiased opinions here, so i could make a decision based on a base of knowledge that is found on this site.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

I believe you should post questions especially if you are considering buying a car or part. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which makes for a healthy debate. No one knows it all, and therefore information and knowledge is shared and gained. When this debate evolved to the point the stamping became questionable I shared my opinion based on identical date stamping and those very close.

Sharing too much information can aid those counterfeiting stampings and tags, or building a fake car.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: resto4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That statement maybe true, but how are people suppose to get educated, so someone doesn't get scammed. Just believe one so called expert. I like the variety of unbiased opinions here, so i could make a decision based on a base of knowledge that is found on this site. </div></div>

Learning this stuff takes a lifetime x 10.. This is exactly why I do not consider myself an expert and never will. I am always learning. How I have gained what little I know about these sorts of things is by research, investigating, asking questions &amp; for opinions and collecting data for many years. I do not share what little I know because I have worked so hard for that small amount of knowledge that I do not want to give a dirty rat an opportunity to get anymore knowledge for them to make a buck by lying, cheating and deceiving people.. You also have to have the desire, drive and want to learn this info. Its not cut and dry.. For the record I respect many of the members here opinions but I am the type to have to feel comfortable with what I am seeing before I can agree or disagree. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Well said Darrell ... NEVER throw the Commie Pinkos a porkchop! TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2017, 03:13 AM

cool colors

my 70 Z28 has the same holes in the rear lower valance, they are from a trailer hitch, this 69 REALLY hauled at one time

stripes are wrong on the lower deck lid IIRC