Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1972 El Camino SS 454 - 16k mile Survivor

Overall it looks like a very nice car with supposedly "only the vinyl top being replaced" as reported in the ad. However I'm a little skeptical given the lack of information and documentation provided.

The snap-on tonneau is unfortunate with it being drilled into the body, and the brushed on paint in the engine bay (radiator cover, bottom of the hood, alternator bracket, etc) is a bit poor. In addition the tailgate is missing the 454 emblem and there are no pictures of the bed or the undercarriage.

All of this leads me to assume it may have been repainted at some point, and to be fair the ad does not claim original paint, however the term "original survivor" sure implies that to me. Maybe the seller will add some more information and pictures to help confirm.

The car does retain a lot of originality in the engine bay with original spark plug shields, exhaust manifolds, smog system, and the extraordinarily rare original dual snorkel air cleaner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Chevro...gAAOSwKtde~i4x

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...