Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Default She's Home (Ribbon COPO)

Its official, I'm now a Supercar owner, even though I have no proof beyond the assumptions that a KQ rear, build date and trim holes point to a COPO. Hearing the owner from 70-78 say that this was a 427 car helps too.

Bottom line, even if this isn't a COPO, its a very solid 69 big block chevelle with under 40,000 miles, one that I helped by best friend rebuild the 396 motor for, one that he already drove down the strip in the high 12's.

And... I've always wanted a 69 Chevelle since college. I had an SS396 for a few years post college, but it needed a lot of work, and an upcoming baby made me sell it for a roof on the house back in 2002.

Now I have a solid one, one that drives like crazy, one that draws a ton of attention (good and bad!), one that my wife loves to drive.

Just wanted to share my joy, and my one pic so far of me driving her, with my 5 year old girl (the baby who forced my SS sale) in the backseat, who I think loves it more than I do!

And, by the way,

Bob
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 351508-KQCode.JPG 347125-Trunk.JPG 347123-Hood.JPG 346887-IMG_4828.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...