Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Corvette Tank Sheets and window stickers can be verified by NCRS through the IDENT number or the ORDER NUMBER.

Both numbers are in the possession of the NCRS and they will validate your paper using them.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 12-16-2018, 11:19 PM

Rich, can you post the invoice for us all to judge ? As Charley stated, probably should not question a car like this w/o posting proof. And feel free to fill us in on your experience trying to purchase vehicle.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker1 View Post
This is what Larry Clain had to say about the car he saw in Tulsa, OK in 1969 -

"I can remember so vividly seeing a Blue '69 cpe. with a window sticker showing the ZL-1 motor setting at a bodyshop here in Tulsa OK. back in the spring of '69. It had a blue interior too. I tried to find out who owned it but nobody knew for sure. Wish I had took pic of it so everybody would believe me. It didn't have any stripes on it but perhaps they were installed by the dealer when it got to the final destination.

I am sure about the color as I had a same color '68 400 hp turbo 400 cpe that I had picked up from the local salvage pool and it was still in the bodyshop at that time but almost finished. Because of the color of the coupe being the same as mine, it caught my eye and I stopped and looked it over.

It was still cold in the mornings and this was a Sat and the place where it was setting in their parking lot, was not open.

I drove back by two or three times and it was still there and then after 1 pm it was gone? Never saw it again or pursued it any farther. Wish I had. "
I knew larry and often went over to his business and talked corvettes with him. he told me the same story when I first met him around late 79. a few years later I ended up buying a ZL1 engine from a guy that lived outside of tulsa, he was into all kinds of racing. I originally went to buy a 421 HO Catalina that he drag raced and while doing some testing on the country road he lived on lost control and rolled it a few times. I bought it sitting upside down in his pasture where it landed. while I was there I spotted the ZL1 and was able to get it bought. he said it was out of his 69 vette he bought new to race and never titled it. he said he totaled the car a few years later and totally destroyed the body. I questioned him on whether it was a dealer installed deal and he insisted he special ordered it. he pointed out that the block did have a vin # on it. I hired a private detective to search for the history of the car but it never turned up as being registered. I kept the engine for a few years and a guy offered me some crazy money for it (back then money). I had 3 ZL1 engines so I sold it to him. never ever heard from him again and the guy who I bought it from passed away.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:20 AM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

What was the vin ?
Old 12-17-2018, 05:22 PM

don't remember I do have it somewhere in my paperwork. but im not stupid enough to give it out to the public
Old 12-18-2018, 01:29 AM

I saw this on the Simeone Museum's page.

https://www.simeonemuseum.org/museum...ettes-demo-day
Old 12-18-2018, 01:38 AM

I was able to take some time this afternoon and dig up some pics. here is one of just the ZL1 block and casting number of the engine out of the vette.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (12-18-2018), rynoshark (01-07-2019)
Old 12-18-2018, 02:02 AM

just for grins, here are some pics of the Catalina 2+2 421HO 4 speed.
this would have been in the winter of late 1983 or early 1984 because my dually was new in this pic. dang I was a young guy back then. the day before I had cut all the emblems out of it and removed the 8 lug drums and rear end.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (12-18-2018), Xplantdad (12-27-2022)
Old 12-18-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
I knew larry and often went over to his business and talked corvettes with him. he told me the same story when I first met him around late 79. a few years later I ended up buying a ZL1 engine from a guy that lived outside of tulsa, he was into all kinds of racing. I originally went to buy a 421 HO Catalina that he drag raced and while doing some testing on the country road he lived on lost control and rolled it a few times. I bought it sitting upside down in his pasture where it landed. while I was there I spotted the ZL1 and was able to get it bought. he said it was out of his 69 vette he bought new to race and never titled it. he said he totaled the car a few years later and totally destroyed the body. I questioned him on whether it was a dealer installed deal and he insisted he special ordered it. he pointed out that the block did have a vin # on it. I hired a private detective to search for the history of the car but it never turned up as being registered. I kept the engine for a few years and a guy offered me some crazy money for it (back then money). I had 3 ZL1 engines so I sold it to him. never ever heard from him again and the guy who I bought it from passed away.
Wow. Did he also have a Volvo XC70? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDT_ps-_8oE
Old 12-19-2018, 10:17 AM

Default Zl1

Gus Paulos was a personal friend of mine since passed so we cant ask him any questions but he always told me his dad was always ordering High Performance cars and told me they would store them in the basement at their old location before they moved the Dealership to West Valley.