Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 02-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Super rare Hurst Ram 4 Shifter NOS complete

Very nice job.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:16 PM

The E-bay add says it fits all Muncie 4-speeds, the levers in the pictures will only fit 1968 and older Muncies with studded shift shafts, and 2nd design ST-10's...

Hope this helps... Crash
Old 02-05-2012, 05:10 PM

I've used those shift levers on later model transmissions. The only difference is the later ones have an area in the middle that is a larger hole for the bolt to go through.
You can use a carbide cutter to do this or mill them. I would be willing to do this for a nos shifter.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Also the studded levers the slot is .600" long, and the bolt style the slot is .750" long... So the average guy without a machine shop can only use this shifter on a 1968 and older Muncie, or a ST-10... Crash
Old 02-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Couldnt you bring them to a machine shop to have the holes made larger in the center?..or just get three other arms to use on either transmissions and keep the same shifter...If the winner of the shifter is that fussy Im sure I have the correct arms for 69 later that I'll include from other Ramrod shifters I have.Like you say Hemicolt..where you gonna find a NOS Ramrod ??
Old 02-05-2012, 07:56 PM

Your add say this shifter "Fits all Muncies", which it does not...
If some one wanted to buy this shifter and had a 1969 and later Muncie, and they try to bolt it up and it doesn't...
I can't tell how many calls I get from people who buy shifters on E-bay and there misrepresented as to what they fit...

Hope this helps... Crash
Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might as well be looking for a needle in a hay stack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssl78396</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice..
And the shifter boot???
If anybody has a boot for this shifter 4trade/sale contact me. </div></div> </div></div>

When I purchased a used Ram Rod this boot came with it although I don't have trim ring. It sounds like I got lucky with just the boot. I had no idea they were that hard to find.

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM

If your buyer fusses and doesn't have a machine shop in there city or has never used a die grinder..lol...
I have several sets of the shift levers for the other style. Maybe post you have that covered and you won't have a problem.
I sometimes take it for granted that everyone doesn't have these types of tools..lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MR-427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldnt you bring them to a machine shop to have the holes made larger in the center?..or just get three other arms to use on either transmissions and keep the same shifter...If the winner of the shifter is that fussy Im sure I have the correct arms for 69 later that I'll include from other Ramrod shifters I have.Like you say Hemicolt..where you gonna find a NOS Ramrod ?? </div></div>
Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 PM

Very hard to find. Super Boots with the red &quot;H&quot;, are a dime a dozen compared to the Ram Rod boot. Nice score.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69 Post Sedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might as well be looking for a needle in a hay stack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssl78396</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice..
And the shifter boot???
If anybody has a boot for this shifter 4trade/sale contact me. </div></div> </div></div>

When I purchased a used Ram Rod this boot came with it although I don't have trim ring. It sounds like I got lucky with just the boot. I had no idea they were that hard to find.

Kurt

</div></div>
Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Muncies have been taken apart and put back together with so many different parts over the years. Many of the 1969 and later Muncies I have purchased come with 3/8&quot;-24 studs and a 685 side cover. Unless you have a 100% correct with all original parts transmission (which anyone hardly ever does) then it doesn't matter. All you have to look at on your Muncie is what style of shift cam attachment you have and you're in business.

-Matt