Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 08-02-2015, 01:53 PM

Default WARNING PAYPAL EMAIL SCAM

I received what looked like a paypal email that requested that I update my paypal account by clicking on the box in the email that said update now BUT IT IS A SCAM.DO NOT UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT VIA THIS EMAIL.My friend was taken for 2100.00.I recieved this email yesterday morning and just found out about this scam.DELETE THIS EMAIL!!!!!.Thanks Ron.
71 SS LS5 chevelle
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: WARNING PAYPAL EMAIL SCAM

My rule of thumb is to NEVER click a link in an email I do not know is official, even if it looks like it is. If you have an account, go to the web site and actually log in to check your account, likely you will discover the email is BS. Also look at the address the link wants to take you to, if it has any weird looking info following a / it is likely a bad deal and should be deleted. Alot of people out there fishing for info....one click might not be everything they need but it is one less piece they have to get and one click leads to other emails looking for additional info........
Team Chevelle #3135
ACES #08305
1969 Chevelle Trim Tag Research (On-going)
Old 08-03-2015, 03:48 AM

Default Re: WARNING PAYPAL EMAIL SCAM

this is the reply from paypal that I received after notifying them asking if they sent me the email: Thanks for reporting that suspicious-looking email. The email you received was not sent by PayPal and it links to a fake website. We are investigating and working on stopping the fraud.

If you have already given any personal or financial information to this fake website, you should immediately log in to your PayPal account and change the password and secret questions. You should also tell your bank about this problem.

To learn how to change your password, go to the PayPal website, click "Help" at the top of the page, and enter "How do I change my password?" in the search box.

You should report any unauthorized account activity to PayPal. Here's how:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
2. Click "Security Center" at the top of any PayPal page.
3. Click "Start an unauthorized transaction claim" under "Report a problem" on the left.
4. Log in to your account, or click "Continue" if you are unable to log in.
5. Review the information about unauthorized transactions, and click "Continue."
6. Complete the report and click "Preview."
7. Check the box to state that the claim is accurate and click "Submit."
8. Confirm that you're the account owner by entering the financial information requested, and click "Continue."

Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate the opportunity to pass along this information.

Thanks,

PayPal

This email is sent to you by the contracting entity to your User Agreement, either PayPal Inc, PayPal Pte. Ltd or PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions, Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349.
71 SS LS5 chevelle