Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 09-23-2019, 03:57 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
Are you referring to Lee's post (Kevin Hart has been released from the hospital after sustaining three fractures to his spine that required back surgery, it is said that he is now in the process of preparing a lawsuit against Speedkore) or did you read something else on line where it states that Kevin wasn't suing the builder?
I read that online earlier today.
John 10:30
The Following User Says Thank You to markinnaples For This Useful Post:
SS427 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 06:16 PM

Thanked 136,486 Times in 22,778 Posts

Kevin Hart Could Be Sued By Plymouth ‘Cuda Driver

Jared S. Black, the man who was driving Kevin Hart’s car when it crashed, as well as the backseat passenger, Rebecca Broxterman, might be preparing to sue Hart. While it’s been previously reported that Hart has lawyered up possibly in preparation to sue SpeedKore, the company which built Menace, his highly modified 1970 Plymouth ‘Cuda, this is the first indication that Hart himself might be on the hook.

The potential argument, according to a TMZ report, is that Hart was negligent by not insisting the ‘Cuda have safety harnesses or airbags installed. But the question remains if Black and Broxterman got into the car knowing this, and Black operated the vehicle with that knowledge, if that argument would hold up in open court. At this point it’s all conjecture since no lawsuits have been filed.

Ever since that fateful crash on Mulholland Highway in Calabasas, California, the news about Kevin Hart has taken a few twists and turns. By all accounts, it sounds like the fallout from the incident is far from over, and it might last for years to come.

Both Hart and Black sustained serious back injuries after the Plymouth ‘Cuda left the roadway early on a Sunday morning and rolled down a ditch. While Hart was able to get out of the car and go to his home before heading to a local hospital, Black and Broxterman were trapped inside and had to be extricated by first responders.

Menace, which was highlighted at the 2016 SEMA show, underwent extensive modifications. Among them was the installation of a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V8 and lightweighting. Why Hart handed the keys over to Black remains a mystery. While Black has been cleared of drunk driving charges, the California Highway Patrol investigation could still lead to criminal charges. It could also uncover that Menace malfunctioned mechanically, putting SpeedKore on the hook with authorities in California.

https://www.motorious.com/articles/n...sued-by-driver
Old 09-24-2019, 06:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Here's how I could see this playing out:
*The driver & passenger will sue Hart.
*Hart will turn around & sue Speedkore.
*Speedkore could have a leg to stand on by saying Hart didn't request us to install safety constraints,as well as the State doesn't mandate us to put restraints in.
*Hart will then turnaround and sue the driver for negligence,but I could see the courts saying,"if you saw the driver as being competent enough to drive your car,why shouldn't we?"...As well as Hart might have given consent to the driver to "Floor it" or egging him on in someway while sitting next to him.Only those 3 in the car know what truly happened.
*I also don't think Hart being taken away @ the scene by his bodyguard will bode well for him & he might be left holding the bag for all parties involved in the end.As well as being a celebrity,meaning this will always come up in a conversation somewhere,like other actions from his past already have.
*The courts could also tell the driver & passenger,"you knew what you were getting into,be grateful you're alive & walking away",and drop their lawsuits.
*The state might want to revise their laws to mandate special cars built like this in the future to have better safety restraints too.

Last edited by Mr70; 09-24-2019 at 07:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
Lee Stewart (09-24-2019), markinnaples (09-25-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 PM

It's the same old story "It's not my fault that I was driving too fast for my poor driving skills, it has to be the owners fault". The owner says it can't be my fault I let a person with poor driving abilities drive my car, it's gotta be the shop that built the cars fault. Also the passenger says it's not my fault I got into the car of my own freewill. Typical with today's society "It's not my fault" scenario that is so popular in today's society" One of the three has to man up.

When the flag drops the bullsh1t stops.
The Following User Says Thank You to hiperf406 For This Useful Post:
Niblet (10-30-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:01 PM

Officials have determined that reckless driving caused the car crash that put Kevin Hart in the hospital with major back injuries.

A California Highway Patrol report released Thursday said a man driving Hart's vintage muscle car accelerated recklessly on a Southern California highway, causing the Sept. 1 accident that left the comedian and driver seriously injured.

Investigators say producer Jared Black was turning onto Mulholland Highway near Malibu when he accelerated and lost control of the comic actor's 1970 Plymouth Barracuda with Hart and the driver's fiancée, Rebecca Broxterman, as passengers. The car then careened down an embankment and slammed into a tree.

Investigators say it appears no one in the car was wearing a seat belt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartandhp
Old 10-30-2019, 04:13 AM

Kevin Hart not suing driver in terrible car accident: Report

Kevin Hart apparently has no intention of going to court for the horrific car crash that resulted in him suffering three spinal fractures.

TMZ reported that the actor has no plans to sue his pal Jared Black, who was driving Kevin's classic car the evening of the crash. Investigators said the car crashed because Jared was driving recklessly, sending it off the road, through a fence and down a ditch. The car, 1970 Plymouth Baraccuda, was totaled.

"Kevin's not even going to file a claim with Jared's insurance company to cover his medical bills and the cost of the [car]," TMZ said, adding that Kevin "will use his personal health insurance to cover medical costs."

Although he nearly died in the wreck, Kevin holds no ill will toward Jared or his fiance, Rebecca, show as also in the car at the time of the crash.

Interestingly, TMZ previously reported that Jared already lawyered up and could file a lawsuit against Kevin for not having the proper safety harnesses in the car. In fact, a source told the webloid in September that a lawsuit is "almost certain." Police said no one in the car was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, something that could foil a potential lawsuit against the actor.

After some grueling physical therapy, Kevin has slowly started returning to work, and he was even seen out with Jay-Z last week.

The recovering comedian has said little publicly since the Sept. 1 accident, but broke his silence earlier this month.

"I have nothing but love for Jared and wish him and Rebecca a speedy recovery," he said in the statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartandhp
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Because Hart encouraged the reckless driving...."GO FOR IT!"