Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-15-2017, 04:41 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camaromb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I say we all accumulate all the fake crap and deliver it in person. I'll bring the JH block I bought years ago. Lets negotiate a nice refund for all of us, in person! </div></div>

Record it. I'll pay to watch the confrontation. Theives and crooks are the worst and have become much too commonplace.

Jason
Old 01-18-2017, 12:23 AM

Further Action on Buddy Hill
Email sent tonight to Pryamidparts,typhoon147,atpinc and kjklein- regarding further action, if anyone or knows any that has been scammed by Buddy Hill please contact me with detailed specifics and photos, more than likely you will eventually need a notarized statement for the authorities.
Thank you
Fred

WANTED:
1969 396/375 hp JH Vin N6352xx Mid April 69 block 272 casting
Always looking for dated L78 parts from Jan-Apr 69
Old 01-20-2017, 08:24 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78 Fred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Further Action on Buddy Hill
Email sent tonight to Pryamidparts,typhoon147,atpinc and kjklein- regarding further action, if anyone or knows any that has been scammed by Buddy Hill please contact me with detailed specifics and photos, more than likely you will eventually need a notarized statement for the authorities.
Thank you
Fred </div></div>

Fred,
I have responded to your e-mail.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:52 PM

i too have been scamed by buddy hill i live 25 miles from him or where he used to live. the reason you can not find a house but a swimming pool on the empty lot is because his house burnt a few years ago. i confronted him at super chevy in Memphis Tennessee about selling me a restamped block and and he was making a scene and the security came over to find out what the fuse was and i told him then the security officer told me to take it else where. then buddy just dispeared. i have a phone number but i don't know if its any good 1/731/988/6174 i heard he had moved to Nashville Tennessee . but his daughter goes to college in Nashville. by the way he got me for around 2500$
Old 02-07-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Any email addresses for him ?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:15 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

I asked a buddy of mine that remembers where he was setup in years past but he didnt see him at the swap meet over the weekend.. I wonder if there is a mole or he watches this site.?.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:28 AM

i am sure he will be documented in the court records. always check the county he lived in with court records. as for scambay always watch out for parts stitcheroos repo parts in gm boxes. There are always knuckleheads. There was another guy in tennessee doing the same stuff about 5 years ago. hemi stuff.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:26 PM

I've definitely seen this guy's auctions on eBay. What a BS-er.

Has anybody else noticed that eBay has made it more difficult for you to even communicate with people about an auction? Years ago the &quot;ASK SELLER A QUESTION&quot; and the ITEM NUMBER were very large and prominent, now you have to go through several steps to get a box to pop up where you can ask a question, and the item number is so tiny and at the bottom that you can almost miss it. Like they don't want you talking to each other.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:45 PM

There are so many scammers on EBay its not funny. Buyer beware. Watch out for the obvious ones with Zero feedback. Just yesterday I came across a phony EBay ad in which a 1965 GTO resto mod was being offered. Well funny thing is I checked this car out with a buddy in Brooklyn NY last month. The ad stated the car was in North Carolina and showed the Brooklyn NY pics. The ad has since been removed. Be careful guys.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:28 PM

7-8 years ago I bought a really nice 68 GTO convertible from a very reputable car shop in the US and dealt with a great salesman. He calls me two months later to say he just saw all his old GTO pictures on Ebay , (including his dealership sign!)...and was wondering if I was re-selling the car?
I said absolutely not ,...and we were both surprised to see almost his exact same ad, except with new contact info cut and pasted in ....
Unreal what scammers can do....and now it's likely a lot harder to spot
Lately into Beaumont SD's, 66,67,68 and 69 , including a 69 2 Dr Post Beaumont , an L78 2 Dr Post Chevelle LS6 Chevelle's, LS6 and L78 El Camino and Camaro fan ! Also 2 Cdn Documented COPO's, a COPO Camaro and COPO Chevelle Love GM Products