Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 05-11-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Swap Meet Fun

Just where is that at? Not all of us know where it is held?

Pantera
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA
Old 05-12-2004, 09:18 AM

The first meet mentioned in the beginning of the thread was at the Salt lake county fairgrounds in Salt Lake City.
It's always the first of the year, and usually isn't that great.
The UVSC meet is at a colledge in Orem, Utah, which is in Utah County, about 40 miles South of Salt Lake City.
Somewhere around 500 cars in the show, and the biggest automotive swap meet in the area. Nothing like Pomona or anything, but the biggest, and best in this area.

Old 05-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Dennis. Pantera,I went last year and there was a ton of stuff (for Utah) but there wasn't anyhing Chevy wise that was "rare" at all. The only thing I could have got was a tailgate for my 72 Chev truck., but you never know till you go.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:34 PM

I would love to come out that far but it is just a little too far for this time of year.

I am trying to find some 074 alum heads that are dated in 70 to bring my 70 motion back to original LS-7 trim. It has a LS-6 in it now and so the serch goes on.

I also need a few small parts for my 7k mi Nova. Not to mention there are 12 more cars that I own that need this or that for them. "Pate" in Dallas was productive as I found a great grill for only $20.

Of course I love going to swap meets and Flea markets. You just never know what goodies you will find. like the original painted corvette rally wheel last week for $2.50 and a '72 LT-1 vette tach drive dist for $50.
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA
Old 05-13-2004, 07:46 PM

I love swapmeets, but I must tell you I hate the wagons! Maybe it's not the wagons themselves but some of the people who pull them that are inconsiderate and block the entire row(wagon perpendicular to the row) to look at a part, etc.
Maybe its just me, but sometimes I really want to kick those damn wagons! Don't get me wrong, I have even used a wagon once or twice to pick up a big part but I do my best to watch where I'm going. Feel free to use a wagon; but be considerate or I may just kick it! Just had to get that off my chest.

Jason
Old 05-13-2004, 08:37 PM

SuperNova....have you tried deep breathing techniques !!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:38 PM

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts

Jason
Did you have your RadioFlyer stolen when you were younger?...RoseBud
Old 05-13-2004, 11:52 PM

I can't agree more. I ask them nicely to move them out of the way? Then I ask them if they think they are the only ones there wanting to look at parts? I feel that those that use them should be extra considerite of those around them wanting to look too.

Then if they act like a jerk then I move it out of the way. Of course it helps to be 6' 3" 225 lbs.

I have been using a 2 wheel dolly with plastic milk carton cases to put stuff into. I try to leave it to the side out of the way. Then I will go back and forth to three or four stands then come move it up and start over again. Just one heavy item will wear you out and a dolly or wagon really helps. I have a small bicyle type basket that is at the top to put some part # reference books in and a drink cooler to avoid the high cost of drinks that they sell at these things. A few shop rags and a bottle of 409 can be a real help too. I carry my camera in a fanny pac. along with cards with my phone # on them to pass out.
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA
Old 05-14-2004, 09:23 AM

So Pantera,
What Nova parts are you looking for?
I'm a bit of a Nova freak myself, and I'd be happy to keep an eye out for you.
Could also try placing a "wanted "add on Steve's nova site.
Lots of good people over there too.
Allen396 has a nice selection of Nova goodies....

Old 05-14-2004, 04:40 PM

I need the eyebrow trim on the front fenders, a complete L-78 exaust system, gas tank with sending unit. Dog dish caps, 3 stock wheels correct dated for Feb or march of '69, air cleaner top with 375 hp decal and a correct dated dual line Holly carb.

Rubber mats F&amp;R, door sill plates. R&amp;L rear quarter panels (must be orignal GM). I am thinking of day 2 with this car as that is how it was left when the guy died and I am tempted to leave the air shocks on the rear and the traction bars on and just put a set of headers on it to make it 1972 date correct. I would like it better like that. With only 7,400 mi on it I can go both ways.

I guess I am being sentimental in thinking how I would have wanted my car to be left, if I was the guy that died. I would have wanted someone to finish what I had started, not put it back to original. Of course I am a Hotrod kinda guy. Since this car will be sold someday as I have just too many cars.

I suppose the next guy will do it the way he thinks is best. With only 7,400 mi on it I was thinking how neat it would be for the younger kids growing up today to actually see a period correct car that we all took for granted back during that time. A car setup this way was a pretty common thing back then. I almost think that, headers, air shocks and traction bars were more like std equipment to the average 20 year old's of that age. yes I was one of those so I can stil remember back that far. I was thinking that a pair of keystone mags on the front and some cheater slicks on black rims on the back would look like the cars I remember back then?

Pantera

But then that is what this wonderful hobby is all about anyway?? To each their own.
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA