Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 09-08-2001, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Yenko Duece

Marlin,
I'll take credit for the first time I saw you out there 2 months ago,but you were standing there watching me fire up the Nova the second time and saw me leave very calmly with my long time frend Kenny.The first time though I did nail it makeing a left on 412 North to leave the show and there was nobody around this area where you turn left.One thing I'll never do is smoke the tires with small or large groups of people walking across or standing along the road your on ,that's just plain stupidity.Marlin how many tickets were handed out,notice a lot of cops in the area you had your car parked? What road were they haveing the problem on ,I assume it was the one Pryuski faces since this is where you always see the police.Anyway see ya next year.
Dan
Old 09-08-2001, 07:32 PM

Police usually tolerate a little "hazing" of the tires like ChevyII did but when people go nuts and endanger thats when the whole thing goes to hell.Police actually like this stuff sometimes...ever get pulled over so they could just check out your car !!!!
Old 09-10-2001, 02:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Dan;
The incident that apparently caused the shutdown was not a little burnout upon leaving like you did, but rather a full stage burndown right in front of the ice cream stand - right where my car was parked! This driver didn't get out of it, and started to fishtail out of control. It was a later in the evening, after I had left but you know how the crowd forms, and eggs people on!

I went to a new show yesterday, the 2nd annual Vargo Dragway Rod Run. This was a nice event held on a old dragstrip in Perkasie, PA (shutdown in 1970). Lots of old nostalgia items there, and some decent cars. Nice show, but lots of burnouts upon leaving - hope it's back for next year!!
M
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)