Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Baldwin Motion Book

yes great shot, near the staging area for friday night show downs.
post more !!!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:47 AM

Thanked 5,362 Times in 1,881 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
yes great shot, near the staging area for friday night show downs.
post more !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please...don't post anymore

Just kidding...I was trying the reverse psychology thing...did it work?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:57 AM

Here is a nose shot of the same Gold Manta. Unfortunately I have to rescan most of my pics as per losing them in a horrible computer crash before I was able to uplaod them to my permanent website. Its a crappy pic. Too small. I'm sure it was taken on Sunrise Hwy by either Joel or Marty. I hope I don't get an angry email from Marty. Its happened before when I had posted some on my webpage as these pics are not really mine as they were given to me but not taken by me.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[quote
It has absolutely nothing to do with the relationship between Joel Rosen and Marty Schorr. In order for the book to have significant interest original photos from either the present or past true Baldwin Motion cars are necessary. These cars were rare enough in the day as they were all custom ordered and rarely if ever sat on the showroom floor. As such pics are essential and hard to come by. The individuals who ordered the cars included the very wealthy and flamboyant; actual royalty in more than one case. Joel has the actual files on these cars but no pics. Marty feels that even with this great history more photo documentation is essential. Another item to keep in mind is that when Joel documents a car for you it is a very tedious process including reviewing many files, with some of the cars having only carbon copies of the original invoices remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel has quite a few photographs. The reason I know this is because he gave me and my friend a bunch of pics. And he had many copies of those pictures made. I am sure I didn't get a copy of every pic he had but I have at least 20 or so pictures from him. We used to go visit him in his shop years ago when he was still on Long Island which was located about 10 minutes from my home before he moved th FL. My friend still does some work for him here on LI.

Marty had emailed me sometime ago about getting some of the pictures but I haven't heard from him in a long time. I wonder if Joel misplaced his when he moved. Either way I would be happy to get him copies.

As everyone here knows Marty took many pictures for the HiPo Cars magazine and even if he doesn't have trhe actual slides he could get the old mags (I have just about all of them) and make high quality scans.

I remember hearing about this book for at least 10 years from Joel so its probably just a matter of these guys not getting there act together on it. Putting a book together has got to be a large undertaking and these guys are busy with so many different things. And with a book the rewards are not instant so I'm sure they keep putting it off for more immediate gratification. I do hope they complete it. I would love to see a book on these great cars.

Anyway, here is a cool pic of a Gold Manta Ray Joel gave me. I beleive he took the pic himself. Its a typical small snap shot that I had color copied and THEN scanned. If I recall Joel said he made 3 Mantas. The red one is pretty well know. And I have a pic of what I guess is the 3rd car which is orange. Another snap shot sized pic. I tried to have that photo blown up but it loses detail. The pics are small and this was scanned a long time ago from a color copy I made, like I said, so its not the best quality. I have some pretty interesting pics.

[/ QUOTE ]
ed427vette-
Marty does not recall a correspondence with you but would be very interested in any pics of original Baldwin Motion street cars or early pics of Joel racing. It would be greatly appreciated if you contacted him-
Old 02-28-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ed427vette-
Marty does not recall a correspondence with you but would be very interested in any pics of original Baldwin Motion street cars or early pics of Joel racing. It would be greatly appreciated if you contacted him-

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure he talks with many people about these cars. He had emailed me initially because I had pics of BM cars on my website but did not credit him. This was maybe 2-3 years ago? Not really sure. I didn't know they were his pics. Let me know how to contact him and I'll take it from there. Or he can email me at [email protected] or through my webpage at www.islandcollectibles.net

Ed
Old 03-02-2007, 02:26 AM

ed427-
I PM'd you the contact info-
Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ed427-
I PM'd you the contact info-

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I just found his old AOL address but I guess its no good anyway.