Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 11-18-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Unique Shelby Convertible for sale

I am selling an incredible car to make a new purchase. I never thoght I would sell this car, as many Shelby enthusiats will testify that it is the best, most desirable Shelby GT 500 in existence. Many people may make similar claims, but I will supply documentation and references, like a 3 time past president of the Shelby American Automobile Club, to justify this claim.

The car is one of 335 1969 Shelby GT-500 convertibles built in 1969. More importantly, this Shelby is rare and unique for several reasons. First, this car has been rated Thoroughbred by the Mustang Club of America and Premiere (scoring 444/450) by the Shelby American Auto, the highest level achievable in both cases. This is quite an accomplishment because it requires that no reproduction or after-market parts be used, otherwise points are deducted (even the tires are original 1969 tires). Second, Senior Shelby judges have indicated that this car is the highest scoring 1969 Shelby to date. Third, this car is a 4 speed convertible equipped with the Super Cobra Jet and “Drag-Pak” option. It represents one of only 13 drag-pak, 4 speed convertibles built and only eight are known to exist today. Forth, it is a 24,000 mile car. Finally, this color combination is the only “triple black” drag-pak, 4 speed Shelby GT-500 made in 1969. In short, the car is essentially one of one made!

For pictures, go to www.atlantamusclecars.com.
This car cannot be duplicated, it is that rare and that correct. Whoever ownes this car can truthfully say they have the single most desirable 69-70 Shelbys in existence.

Price is $375,000. I know its a lot, but find another one.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-19-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Unique Shelby Convertible for sale

[ QUOTE ]
Price is $375,000. I know its a lot, but find another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finding $375,000 is also difficult. Nice looking Shelby.

1970 Yenko Deuce, YS-84
1972 Nova SS
1987 Grand National
Old 11-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Chip,
Isn't this a Black Jade car (green) and not a "black" black? I remember the car from a few years ago. Don't think I have ever seen a true black car.Off the top of my head, I don't think they ever made a real black one? Very nice, however.
Colin
Old 11-19-2005, 03:39 AM

Although I can't afford the Shelby, heck I couldn't afford the air in the tires, I did cruise around the website and checked out some of the cars. Very nice selection I might add. But...

I found some things interesting like how can a "restored" 1967 Camaro RS that is totally unoriginal score 998 out of 1000 points? What type of class did it score in? Obviously it wasn't like the Bowtie class used at Carlisle. Maybe it lost the 2 points for the non-original rear spoiler. And this car is priced at $64,995???? WOW what is mine worth? I'd sell my 67 RS for that anyday.

Also, can someone explain to me how you can restore to concourse level but changed the color to non original color?

Maybe it's just me but some things I read kind of bothered me. No offense to the original poster.

Rick H.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:30 AM

Colin, you are correct it is Black Jade or Jade Black, I just don't remember how Ford labeled it and I am not in the same location as the car. When I called it triple black, that is just the moniker I have heard and seen used with descriptions of this car so thats why I used the term.

Regarding the comments someone made related to the 67 RS Camaro. It scored that high in a non-stock class, and it is a very well done car as you can tell by the list of shows it has won. As for the price, I would pay more for an original 67 RS car in this condition, but there is no way someone could build a car this nice for anywhere near the asking price. By the way, if you like 67 Camaros, there are two original 67 Z28s that are pretty nice on the site that remain in a private collection.

If anyone is interested in the Shelby contact Chip Wright through this site or at 770-365-1872
Old 11-19-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the price, I would pay more for an original 67 RS car in this condition, but there is no way someone could build a car this nice for anywhere near the asking price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You would pay that much? Hmmmm..

Engine shot of just such a car. Still has the original T3 headlights behind the doors.

First place Stock class Carlisle 2004.

You have a lot of nice cars on your site and like you said couldn't build one for the price.

Sorry for stealing the thread.

Rick H.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:53 AM

I like the F Bird !
Old 11-19-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...By the way, if you like 67 Camaros, there are two original 67 Z28s that are pretty nice on the site that remain in a private collection...

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean these two?

I was wondering where those two Mcguire cars ended up!

Last edited by Denis; 10-31-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I think I may have seen this Shelby at B-J about 3-4 years ago. It was in the special roped off section next to the auction stage. That has to be the nicest Shelby drop top I've seen...period. The lucky guy that gets this car will truly be one happy Mo-Fo.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:24 PM

IF that's the same black jade drag pack GT 500 Shelby convertible I have been following since it sold at Russo and Steele in August of 2001 with VIN number 9F03R482667 for 103K and later sold to a private party from a dealer down south for 150K a year later it doesn't have an original engine or any of the expensive original parts left on it from when it won the Thoroughbred award. The Shelby sold at Russo was also represented as a show car winning 445 out of 450 possible points and one of one.

Through several owners all the hard to find irreplaceable parts fell off and were sold. I know people who bought some of the parts off the car and know people who almost bought the car(including myself)until they had an expert look at the car and determined it is no longer a throughbred level car due to the missing parts.

Hopefully Chip's Shelby is not 9F03R482667 because every senior head MCA judge I have spoke to recently about 9F03R482667 does not consider it to be a throughbred any longer?