Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Default GM Carlisle debut of Cordia 427 Nova

I understand my friend Tony Lucas, who has assembled an incredible collection of Chevy Muscle in a very short time, will be showing the 1969 427 Nova he purchased from me at the upcoming Carlisle GM show. It will be with the Supercar Workshop display I am told. This is one very interesting piece of history, a brand-new never retail sold 1969 SS Nova with just 1500 miles on the odometer. Prepared from the first year to go drag racing and driven by the dealer, Jim Cordia of Clymer, New York. Fitted with an L/88 427 and other period correct mods, this car is a terror to drive and will drop your jaw when you come on to it at Carlisle. My discovery and purchase of this car took many years to accomplish but it is without a doubt irreplaceable and just plain "cool". Brian Henderson recently posted a few shots of the car as it sits waiting for the GM debut but seeing it and appreciating its original paint and patina will be a reason to make the GM show this year. Word has it that the entire Supercar Worksop display this year will be the highlight of the show.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 PM

Default Re: GM Carlisle debut of Cordia 427 Nova

[ QUOTE ]
Word has it that the entire Supercar Workshop display this year will be the highlight of the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much a "Given". The SCW stuff is always Top Notch!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Wow for a car so hard to acquire and so rare it must have been real tough to part with. One of one and sold by the original people! I would have kept it!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:04 AM

Yes, it was a car I would have loved to keep but a recent purchase and restoration of a car I never dreamed of owning, did in fact become available to me. Since childhood I loved the classic front-engined Indy Roadsters that dominated racing up into the sixties. The undisputed king of these cars was a "Watson Roadster" built by A. J. Watson who built just 23 from 1955-1963. All 23 are now found and documented since last year when I followed a lead and purchased #21 of the 23. The purchase was a "little pricey" and the restoration has shown me how inexpensive it is to do a Camaro. Nonetheless, I am thrilled to own this signifigant piece of American racing history. So now you see why I sold some cars last year. And I should mention Tony Lucas is CLASS ACT to do business with. My cars could not have went to a better home.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:34 AM

George, thanks for the kind words and the wicked car. Brian, Joe, and Frank "tweaked" it just in time for Carlisle. Brian talked to Jim Cordia about the car and I hope he comes to the show. I'd love to see him in his "Fast Track" race car.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 PM

Interesting sidenote........The Daytona Yellow '69 sYc Camaro here in Erie, still in the hands of the ORIGINAL OWNER, Jere Gemler, came thru Cordia Chevrolet also. This car, also with big drag race history, will debut tomorrow in its just completed fully restored condition at a picnic hosted by Jere. I understand the car came out spectacular and I am anxious to see it done. This is the only Yenko sold new up here in Erie and one of just a couple that have never changed hands. This is the automatic car that went to Hurst for the fit of the first Dual-Gate all documented in a '69 issue of Popular Hot Rodding Magazine. Jere ran this car NHRA S/S under some Cordia Chevrolet sponsorship in the early days. Somebody (me ?) needs to do a story on Jim Cordia and his part in the glory days of Chevrolet drag racing.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yes, do it! Cordia Chevrolet was a big part. Any pictures of the Yenko?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:22 PM

I will ask Jere Gemler if I can take and post some pics from his debut picnic when we all see the car for the first time. ATTN: Brian H.-why don't you repost that pic you have of Gemlers car at the strip clearly showing the Cordia sponsorship, a killer photo.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:19 PM

A worthy bump.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, do it! Cordia Chevrolet was a big part. Any pictures of the Yenko? &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/imag...ears.gif&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; /&gt; </div></div>