Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 02-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Re: Unconstitutional IRS TAX case..

[ QUOTE ]
a guy in Georgia did a similar thing about 20 years ago,didn't pay any taxes,and fought it in court,saying the tax system was unconstitional..

i think he's still doing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he has the last laugh because our taxes are paying for his full room and board, and he's eligible for welfare and a tax refund every year.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has the last laugh because our taxes are paying for his full room and board, and he's eligible for welfare and a tax refund every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's in prison he ain't laughing! He's probably some big guy's lady.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he has the last laugh because our taxes are paying for his full room and board, and he's eligible for welfare and a tax refund every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's in prison he ain't laughing! He's probably some big guy's lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know that. He might be THE BIG GUY...........

James
Old 02-18-2006, 01:44 AM

..There is an answer...and we can all be apart of of it
...EVERYONE HERE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK...
..."THE FairTax Book"
....We can make it happen!!!

http://www.fairtax.org/

Old 02-18-2006, 08:47 PM

it all sounded real good until i got to the part about the irs having obtain federal court orders to enforce there judgements, after reading that all hope went down the drain. you might as well be pissing in the wind. interesting reading though.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:17 AM

You can't beat the IRS, trust me......

In 2000 I had an accounting girl steal over 80k from my company. How did she do it? She diverted payroll tax revenue to herself instead of paying the IRS on behalf of the company. Guess who stupidly blew the whsitle, and tried to do the "right" thing? A little hint is that I am still paying off that debt, now in 2006! First, they penalize you 100%, then they have a whole list of "other" penalties and fees that they can choose from. Then, THEY (IRS) interpit the law anyway they choose. Well, so you try and sue them and go to court. Guess what, the JUDGE winds up getting audited! Sooo, it's all downhill from there. What attorney/Judge wants to be audited? They are taking every deduction in the book! Soooo, then you are all on your own (I was blessed, I have a great CPA and he has stuck with me), next thing you know, they are just removing money from your bank account. No court order needed, no notice, all you get in the mail is a notice that $xxxx.xx has been removed from you bank account, AFTER it has been removed. They actually stole my daughters college fund from the credit union, because I was a signer on the account. Of course, this money is "applied" to your, now personal, outstanding balance, with one catch - MORE FEES, INTEREST and PENALTIES! Finally they lean your house. In desperation, you see all those commercials on TV about how these X-IRS agents can help. They milk you for 4k, and then say sorry, you are not a minority, in the prime of your working life, and earning too much money. So, now, you are desperate (and 4k poorer), can't leave any money in the bank (which makes it hard to stay in business, which makes it hard to pay the money they want),and you finally realize that you cannot beat them. You fall on your sword and go see the taxpayer "advocate" to try and arrainge a payment plan (you now have no credit, and your house has a lein, so who is going to lend you any money?). Then the fun REALLY begins. They look your life over with a fine tooth comb, and you fill out what they call an "Offer in Compromise". Then they say, hmmmmmm, you are only 34 years old, a computer engineer, and own a pretty successful company (well, it WAS at one time anyway). Sorry, you don't qualify. Now let's see, you really don't need a home telephone, nor cable TV, and I am sure you can do without air conditioning, so you can live on $xxx.xx per month, and pay us the rest...... Then they actually have the nerve to say that if you do not want to go along with this, they would be more than happy to keep penalizing you, as you will be in the work force for a long time, and you can become a profit center! So, it is only the really, really rich and the really really poor who actually don't pay taxes, or a fair amount of taxes. Thank god I had family to go to and I borrowed, begged (but did not steal ) enough to pay them off..........

Now, what happened to the girl? Not a day of jail time, first offense, and oh yea, I got a sweet judgement against her that is totally worthless as she is now a stay at home mom (and not married to the father).

They will drive you to the brink of suicide, no joking. Reduce your taxes as much as you can legally (key word), and if you EVER get questioned by them, ask them what they want,and just pay it. It will be WAY cheaper in the long run.............

Rich
Old 02-20-2006, 08:36 PM

Hey Rich,
you should talk to the lawyer on the "We the People" site and tell him your story....
This country was founded on the premise to do away with a overpowering leadership and to remove ourselves from problems like yours, now everybody is scared to death of the government and the power they have over us. All they have to do is threaten an IRS audit and we run scared. The greatest weapon our government has over us is the IRS and it needs to be eliminated. We will always need to pay tax but we need another simpler method that is fair to everyone. I say pay as you go...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:12 AM

I agree with the national sales tax 100% it would catch all of the illegals, tourists, and of course organized crime / unclaimed cash dealings. The last reason is the main point of contention... think about it the gov't gets all types warrants and makes alot of arrests based on tax evasion... (Al Capone)
Also it would put alot of peolple out of work, not just the IRS but many tax firms, tax attorneys, accountants, and etc.
A national sales tax would encourage saving, (only money spent would be taxed)
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 03-04-2006, 06:45 PM

"Now, what happened to the girl? Not a day of jail time, first offense, and oh yea, I got a sweet judgement against her that is totally worthless as she is now a stay at home mom (and not married to the father)."

Rich, I would make her my new "Hobby". Somewhere, sometime she is going to come into some money, inheritance, accident litagation, other possible windfalls - make sure you keep your judgement "UPDATED", don't chance loosing your money again because of an oversight. -----As for National sales tax. All I can say is in NY the State sales tax started at 2%. Now in some parts of NY, with the Cities tacking their's on it's 10%. You know if a National sales tax would come about, it may be changed yearly based on spending. The less we spend, the more we would be taxed, And who monitors our natiional spending ???? The very entity that Taxes us.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:47 PM

Maybe VP Dick Cheney can take IRS Commissioner Mark Everson on a quail hunt. Might be able to shoot some sense into him?

Rick H.