Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Default Re: From the pres.

[ QUOTE ]
Since we all agree with Tom's post lets have Doug Perry reinstated to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, after-all....are we not deserving of a second chance

Dan.
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

This is the most mellow well behaved site I go to.
I try to keep my smart azz comments to myself but sometimes they get the best of me.
Unlike most keyboard commandos, I'm much nicer online. Those of you who have actually met me in person can vouch for what an A-hole I am!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM

Let's all not forget that membership and participation on this forum board is a privilege...not a right. The fact remains that the Mods here have unilateral authority to censor and/or ban anyone here without conditions or group discussion...that's just the way it is here. I don't agree with some of the decisions that the Mods have made, but at the end of the day that just doesn't matter. It's aggravating when that happens, but my options are: [1] quit participating here, or [2] just suck it up and get over it [there are dozens of other muscle car forum boards that we can choose from to read and/or post].

These Internet forum discussion boards come in all flavors and colors. Some are run a lot looser [more tolerant] than the sYc board by management, then others are much tighter [less tolerant] than this board...so we can pick from the many forum boards we feel most comfortable being a part of. Our Mods don't get it right every time, so the ol' adage: "some of the people, some of the time" is about as good as they're gonna do. There are 10,000 sYc forum members that have an opinion about our Mod's every decision, but I doubt that our Mods are gonna please them all. I notice some members that seem chronically in disagreement about how this board is run...what I don't understand is why they persist in frequenting a forum board that they so often find fault.

We likely all have a buddy that's been censored/banned at this forum site and we'd like to reverse/modify the Mod's decision, but the fact remains that we just don't have that ability. It may sound harsh and even unreasonable, but that's just the way it is here [and most all the other Internet forum boards]. Each of our memberships here were preceded by an agreement to abide by the rules of management. I don't believe our Mod's make knee-jerk decisions regarding censorship/banishment of a member here thoughtlessly or with intent to further their own personal/secret agenda, but even if I did think that...my options still remain the same as stated above. I just don't think it's fair or beneficial for anyone to make a forum post voicing your discontent about a decision our Mods make...I think that only serves to cause the Mods to dig their heels in even deeper. Nobody likes to be second guessed by someone else on the open forum board, so IMO it's much better to voice our opinion or objection via PM or private email.

I communicated with Tom Clary today about his post above and some general forum board policies and/or philosophies. During that discussion, I sensed that Tom and Rob are becoming pretty tired from their unending personal time spent to maintain our board. Tom has personally selected his Mods and management team here and reminded me that he absolutely supports his team and the decisions they make during the course of monitoring this forum site, unconditionally. I know Tom pretty well and I truly believe that he's becoming disenchanted and even aggravated by some of the recent bickering, whining, second-guessing and personal attacks between some forum members. Tom gave birth to this site more than 10 years ago and continues to make considerable personal sacrifices to keep our board in business. I'm not trying to post/speak in Tom's behalf here [he's quite able to speak for himself], I'm just sharing insight based upon my discussion with Tom today. I would just hate to see the day that Tom throws his hands up and pulls the plug because the forum board became a heartache and headache that he prefers to do without.

Thanks Tom & Rob for all you do here.

SS
[I just noticed Jim's post above..."keyboard commandos" is a good way to put it]
Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

You know guys I do not get it with some of you. Tom Makes a nice post and politics creap right into the thread with issues about a banned member. Please respect the decisions of the moderators and Tom and Rob.

I have been here since 2000. People come and go and the net is a big place. IMO... Leave the bickering out of this thread.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:09 PM

I agree with you Tom. Good post Steve. This is a great site. The best in my opinion. Let's continue to keep it that way.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's all not forget that membership and participation on this forum board is a privilege...not a right. The fact remains that the Mods here have unilateral authority to censor and/or ban anyone here without conditions or group discussion...that's just the way it is here. I don't agree with some of the decisions that the Mods have made, but at the end of the day that just doesn't matter. It's aggravating when that happens, but my options are: [1] quit participating here, or [2] just suck it up and get over it [there are dozens of other muscle car forum boards that we can choose from to read and/or post].

These Internet forum discussion boards come in all flavors and colors. Some are run a lot looser [more tolerant] than the sYc board by management, then others are much tighter [less tolerant] than this board...so we can pick from the many forum boards we feel most comfortable being a part of. Our Mods don't get it right every time, so the ol' adage: "some of the people, some of the time" is about as good as they're gonna do. There are 10,000 sYc forum members that have an opinion about our Mod's every decision, but I doubt that our Mods are gonna please them all. I notice some members that seem chronically in disagreement about how this board is run...what I don't understand is why they persist in frequenting a forum board that they so often find fault.

We likely all have a buddy that's been censored/banned at this forum site and we'd like to reverse/modify the Mod's decision, but the fact remains that we just don't have that ability. It may sound harsh and even unreasonable, but that's just the way it is here [and most all the other Internet forum boards]. Each of our memberships here were preceded by an agreement to abide by the rules of management. I don't believe our Mod's make knee-jerk decisions regarding censorship/banishment of a member here thoughtlessly or with intent to further their own personal/secret agenda, but even if I did think that...my options still remain the same as stated above. I just don't think it's fair or beneficial for anyone to make a forum post voicing your discontent about a decision our Mods make...I think that only serves to cause the Mods to dig their heels in even deeper. Nobody likes to be second guessed by someone else on the open forum board, so IMO it's much better to voice our opinion or objection via PM or private email.

I communicated with Tom Clary today about his post above and some general forum board policies and/or philosophies. During that discussion, I sensed that Tom and Rob are becoming pretty tired from their unending personal time spent to maintain our board. Tom has personally selected his Mods and management team here and reminded me that he absolutely supports his team and the decisions they make during the course of monitoring this forum site, unconditionally. I know Tom pretty well and I truly believe that he's becoming disenchanted and even aggravated by some of the recent bickering, whining, second-guessing and personal attacks between some forum members. Tom gave birth to this site more than 10 years ago and continues to make considerable personal sacrifices to keep our board in business. I'm not trying to post/speak in Tom's behalf here [he's quite able to speak for himself], I'm just sharing insight based upon my discussion with Tom today. I would just hate to see the day that Tom throws his hands up and pulls the plug because the forum board became a heartache and headache that he prefers to do without.

SS
[I just noticed Jim's post above..."keyboard commandos" is a good way to put it]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve you have a lot of valid points in your post but none of them still answer why Doug Perry was banned from this site by the mods. Doug never posted anything negative on any of the forums while he was here and he was banned for going after a certain 1967 Yenko Camaro. I know personally that he has helped out others on this site find cars and acquire them for the new owners. Censorship is needed in some cases but banishment for going after cars is ridicules and not healthy for the site or car collecting. This reminds me of when Dick Herrall cars were wanted and then there was some heated discussions between a few groups and the outcome of this tragedy was no one wanted anything to due with these cars and the bottom fell out and the price went down. I just dont want to see this happen to any of the other supercars so this site can move forward and continue to grow. Mark
Old 03-25-2010, 03:40 PM

this is a nice board,never saw a problem with it.

keep up the good work.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SS

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve you have a lot of valid points in your post but none of them still answer why Doug Perry was banned from this site by the mods. Doug never posted anything negative on any of the forums while he was here and he was banned for going after a certain 1967 Yenko Camaro. I know personally that he has helped out others on this site find cars and acquire them for the new owners. Censorship is needed in some cases but banishment for going after cars is ridicules and not healthy for the site or car collecting. This reminds me of when Dick Herrall cars were wanted and then there was some heated discussions between a few groups and the outcome of this tragedy was no one wanted anything to due with these cars and the bottom fell out and the price went down. I just dont want to see this happen to any of the other supercars so this site can move forward and continue to grow. Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read the start of the thread It was about the health of the board in general but you keep taking the discussion off topic and into the ditch. Why are you doing this?

The topic you keep bringing up was started and well hashed through in the lounge already a couple of weeks ago all before it was closed and deleted.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

With all do respect Phil the thread probably should not have been deleted. Can't favor one or two members over others. Unless there was/is physical threats let them speak. I don't think it is a good idea to just keep banning or deleting everything when it gets a little sticky.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM

Sam

Asking him to explain why he keeps taking the thread off topic may help him get what ever he has on his chest off of it