Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Default ZO6 vs. Ferrari!!!!

I'm going to be vague here on purpose; lets compare (in ALL ways) the C5 ZO6 to the F355 & F360 cars, or any other Ferrari for that matter. I'd really like to hear from people who have driven both Corvettes and Ferraris. I'd love to be able to compare the new ZO6 to a F430 but I guess I'll have to wait. I'm posting this because of a heated discussion that I've been having with a very close friend of mine. Let the discussion begin!!!!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-14-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: ZO6 vs. Ferrari!!!!

What started this discussion was a thread on ferrarichat.com. Go to ferrarichat.com, look at general forums, and select the thread titled "interesting thread on zo6vette.com." I occassionally read both zo6vette.com and ferrarichat.com. Actually, I've been arguing this debate with my friend for a long time. Lets hear your opinions and lets look at the facts.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:10 PM

Man, I know I'm not the only person here to have driven both Vettes and Ferraris!!!! Some one must have some input.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

I have driven a Ferrari about 300' from the street to my barn for storage and that is about it. First, there are probably not alot of folks that have driven Ferarris' on this site. Second...You narrow it down even further by adding in driving a ZO6 Vette. I just don't think you will get much input. How many here have ever driven a Ferrari ?
Old 05-15-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many here have ever driven a Ferrari ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never have, but I wouldn't mind driving one or a Lamborgini on the Autobaun one day.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:20 PM

I owned a "baby" Ferrari once, a Red 308 once, and just sold a souped up C-5. Both fun cars, but hard to compare. The Ferrari reminded me more of a race car, not a lot of frills, but on top end, WOW!! And of course the attention it got. The down side, up keep. The C-5 made about 600 HP, had all of the bells and whistles and it too would fly. And much cheaper to maintain.

I miss the Ferrari, but not very practical here in the sticks.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:04 PM

Buddy of mine has a Modena 360 with the F1 shift. The car is absolutely brutal in a straight line due to the computerized gear box -- I've never felt such perfectly timed, fast, hard shifts before. I don't think that people can keep up to the computers on that front. Car handles amazingly well as you might expect and is great at speed. On the other hand, I actually find they way they sound awfully irritating - a very expensive fart pipe.

No Z06 for comparison.

Now if you want an interesting comparison, you should ask Charley to compare his Silver Arrow to just about anything he's driven before...

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump
Old 05-16-2005, 12:12 AM

anyone know of a black 1/10 CustomStigma getting eaten alive by a C6 Vette Convt lately
Old 05-16-2005, 02:56 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,593 Posts

--------Have driven many 12 cylinder F-cars over the years but nothing newer than a Testarossa and that only for a minute. Some pretty good time behind the wheel of several Daytonas. Havent driven a new Z06, but I have a feeling that nothing italian that I drove would be able to hold a candle to the 2006 Z06. I have never been heavily impressed by F-cars. Any car that you have to warm up throughly before using 2nd gear that costs like an F-car isnt my cup of tea. Have never had to warm up my T10 in my 64 GP to go into any gear, up down or sideways!!!!!.........Bill S
Old 05-16-2005, 04:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmcporter

I once drove a friend's Ferrari 348--I barely fit but the car was pretty impressive. Not just the performance, (which was laudable) but the smells, sounds and "overall package." It felt precisely like you'd expect an open wheel race car would feel like. Very, very temperamental, but driven expertly the car performed amazingly well. Very sensitive to the conditions, it needed to be warmed up thoroughly before being hammered. It handled like nothing I've driven before or since. Years later, I did have an opportunity to drive that same friend's 456 coupe, and it seemed a bit more substantial, heavier, etc, but still had the feel of a precision race car. I've never driven a new Z06 (or an old Z06 either), but I have driven a couple of C5s and C4s. Impressive cars in their own right, but they are in a different league than the Italian cars. The whole ambiance and purpose is different. I took a class at Skip Barber Racing in Lime Rock a few years ago, and some jerk know-it-all Wall Street money manager brought his Ferrari. After most of the curiculum was done, we were allowed to drive our own cars on the track. It didn't take long before Mr. Know it all had his Ferrari in the weeds; undamaged, but his ego was more than a little bruised. None of the C4 drivers who brought their Vettes had any trouble getting around the track, although a couple of the cars had suspension squeaks as they twirled around the track.

Morris