Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Industrial Dehumidifiers

I'm getting ready to purchase an industrial dehumidifier for my shop soon. I'd like some input as to which brands are the best, best ways to run the drainage, what some of you guys are using, where are you buying them from, etc.? Any help would be appreciated!!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Industrial Dehumidifiers

How big is the room?
Old 03-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

My garage is used soley for car and cycle storage. It is detached from the house and approximately 30x30. At the beginning of this winter I purchased a dehumidifier from Home Depot. I purchased an LG brand model #LHD65EBL. This was the "flagship" of the models and cost me $220.00 So far it has worked excellent. The garage is partially insulated and not heated. It stays sealed all winter with the exception of going in and out through the side man door. I can regulate the humidity level from 40-50% which is dry-normal range. This has made a tremendous difference in the garage. I have been very happy with this dehumidifier. It has a 5 year warranty. It also works nicely if the temperature of the garage creeps down around 35-40 degrees. You can check out the company website at www.lgappliances.com Rich
Old 03-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

As for running a drainage line, you can run a hose out through a wall or into a drain in the work shop and have it automatically drain. This would be less hassle. I chose to to manually drain my storage tank. I have to go out to the garage every two days, remove the storage tank and manually dump same. You would be surprised at the amount of water that thing collects after 2 days!! Maybe someday I will run the drainage line.. This gives me reason to go and look at the toys!!! Hope this helps you Rich...
Old 03-20-2007, 10:01 AM

The shop is 1500 sq. ft.