Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pit Area - Racing

Old 11-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So, they had 17 TF Dragsters, 19 TF F/Cars, & 20 Pro Stock cars show up - and they are cutting the Pro Stock class??? Amazing.
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 11-12-2018, 05:39 PM

Nothing like getting more for your money ... this is BS.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:12 PM

Default The Enders sisters at the NHRA banquet

https://scontent.fphl2-4.fna.fbcdn.n...14&oe=5C68C035
The Following User Says Thank You to 67 Nova Boy For This Useful Post:
YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (11-28-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 11:39 PM

Default Some NHRA stars at Formal champ Chuck Liddell working out.

https://www.facebook.com/NHRA/videos/1141057049391682/

Can you spot...Erica & Courtney Enders...Fast Jack Beckman...Alex Laughlin...Amanda Busick

Jonnie Lindberg...Scotty Pollacheck.

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Old 11-25-2018, 11:48 PM

Default From burning pallets to racing...Lucas Oil Jet dragsters

https://www.facebook.com/NHRA/videos/2208685519418947/

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Old 12-03-2018, 12:16 AM

Default Bo Butner is staying put in prostock for 2019

Surprise surprise Past champion Bo Butner returns to NHRA Pro Stock class for 2019
Bo Butner is returning to the NHRA Pro Stock class in 2019.

NHRA's move to 18-race season in the class is part of the decision
NOVEMBER 29, 2018

Bo Butner is staying put after all.

Butner, the 2017 NHRA Mello Yello Series Pro Stock world champion, earlier announced that he was shifting gears and stepping back from the class. However, the NHRA's decision to trim the 2019 Pro Stock schedule from 24 to 18 races changed Butner's mind.

With the support of his family, Butner, 44, will remain committed to competing in the SAM Tech Factory Stock Showdown in his Cobra Jet Mustang.

"I'm a glutton for punishment," Butner said.

When rumblings of 18 races rather than the full 24 for Pro Stock began to surface, it was Butner's mother, Dottie, who began to question the decision to leave the professional-level naturally aspirated factory hot rods behind.
Bo ButnerNHRA NHRA DRIVER BO BUTNER JOINING PRO STOCK EXODUSThe lure of three other drag-racing classes has intrigued reigning NHRA Pro Stock champion Bo Butner.The one-time Competition Eliminator champion and multi-time division champion officially announced ...
"She shocked me and said that maybe we should keep doing this, and I told her I thought it was time to move on; we'd already been successful with the best team out there," said Butner. "But I did say I'd think about it."

Butner went home after the last race of the 2018 season and discussed the idea with his son, JB Butner, the general sales manager of Jim Butner Auto Group in Clarksville, Indiana. JB and his wife, Elizabeth, are expecting a baby in April 2019 -- Butner's first grandchild and one of the leading factors in his initial decision to scale back from a 24-race commitment.

"JB runs the dealership, so it was important to make sure he was on board with it. And of course, when his baby is born in April, I want to be there for that, even if I have to miss a race," said Butner.

True to their roots, Butner's fiancée, Randi Lyn Shipp, will continue to race Stock Eliminator at the national event level, and Butner's participation in the SAM Tech Factory Stock Showdown will take shape as the year goes on.

"The Factory Stock Showdown is a great deal, and I'm looking forward to racing in it. If we have a shot to win that championship, of course we'll take it," said Butner, who has earned multiple division championships and the 2006 Competition Eliminator world title in addition to his Pro Stock championship.
Chevrolet claims NHRA Manufacturers Cup for record 23rd timeNHRA CHEVROLET CLAIMS NHRA MANUFACTURERS CUP FOR RECORD 23RD TIMETanner Gray's NHRA Mello Yello Series Pro Stock class championship in a Chevrolet Camaro SS at Pomona, California, put the icing on the cake for manufacturer Chevrolet, which successfully defended ...
When Butner initially decided to detour from Pro Stock, he said that he would only ever return with KB Racing. He's holding true to his word.

"It tore at my heart to think about something happening to this class or it going away, and that's another reason I wanted to come back. So we sat down and talked with KB Racing on Sunday afternoon in Pomona," said Butner, who has claimed a total of seven Pro Stock wins with the esteemed group since launching his Pro Stock career in Gainesville, Florida, in 2015. "They were supportive, and Ken and Judy Black said that any time I ever wanted to come back, I'm welcome. We're all like a big family."

Summit Racing Chevrolet Camaro driver Greg Anderson, who put KB Racing together with team owner Ken Black in 2002, was elated to learn of Butner's planned return.

"We're excited," said Anderson. "Bo is like family to us, and we've had a great run together the last few years. We've had a lot of fun, and he's a heck of a racer. We hated to see Bo leave the class, and it's great to see him come back -- not just for KB Racing, but for Pro Stock."

Butner will likely remain in the same KB Racing-owned Jerry Haas-built Chevrolet Camaro that he drove last season, and the calls on his car will be made by his crew chief Darrell Herron, along with KB Racing's Tim Freeman. Tyler Hogan, of Hogan's Manifolds, will return, as will Jack Line (Team Summit driver Jason Line's son), as school permits.

"I think everything is going in the right direction with this team. Everyone at KB Racing is pumped up and working hard," said Butner. "I'm excited to get back to it."
Old 12-03-2018, 12:36 AM

Default Brian Lohnes joing Fox as lead announcer...Is Tony Pedregon is leaving!

FOX Sports and NHRA have announced the release of the 2019 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule. Most notably, the 2019 schedule includes additional live coverage on the FOX broadcast network for the NHRA SpringNationals in Houston. The schedule is once again highlighted by live FOX broadcast network coverage of the “Western Swing” (Denver, Sonoma and Seattle) and the iconic U.S. Nationals from Indianapolis on Labor Day.

Joining the NHRA on FOX broadcast team as lead announcer for all 24 NHRA events will be Brian Lohnes, a seasoned NHRA announcer who has served as a contributor over the past three seasons in various capacities. This will be Lohnes’ first year to join the team full-time.

“We’re excited to have Brian Lohnes in this role to help lead the broadcast team into the future,” said Ken Adelson, NHRA chief content officer and executive producer. “Brian has worked at virtually every level of drag racing and has been a valuable member of the NHRA on Fox broadcasts for our first three seasons. We look forward to what Brian can bring to our fans as we continue to grow the fastest, most explosive sport in the world.”

“This is as humbling a professional moment as I’ll ever experience in my life. I have drag racing in my heart and have since I was a little kid,” said Lohnes. “We’re going to have fun and I know the audience will have fun with us.”
The Following User Says Thank You to 67 Nova Boy For This Useful Post:
YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (12-03-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 01:53 AM

Default Leah Pritchett takes a walk around the winning Mopar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOqg...ature=youtu.be

Hey Sammy...factory stuff!!

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Old 12-07-2018, 12:30 PM

YEP, the dawn of the new "Pro Stock." I heard a rumor that Professor Benny was updating his COPO to maybe run that Class. I need to get his autograph before he gets even more famous.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:15 PM

Sammy,

We will get Benny's auto when we all go out for Xmas dinner next week when he signs the bill!! HA!!!

Dave
67 Nova Boy