Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 04:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1974 Jensen Interceptor MK III Factory Mopar 440 Big Block

I know this is a weird one but that is what makes it so cool. I thought someone here might appreciate it.

Overview:

This is a 1974 Jensen Interceptor Mark 3. The Jensen Interceptor is a handbuilt English car that came from the factory with a Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth drivetrain. This is a similar situation to what was done with the AC Cobra, Sunbeam Tiger, etc. These cars were way ahead of their time with 4 wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, full leather interior, power windows, power door locks, and much more. This car recently came out of the collection of its long time owner. I was told that the car was previously owned by Dictator Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines but I have no paperwork to back that up as of right now. The car had been stored for well over a decade and had not been driven in that time. I changed the fluids, starter motor, fuel pump, etc. and was able to get it to the point that it is running, driving, and stopping. I have only driven it a couple miles. It will still need work to get it back on the road. The title is in my name and there are no back fees.

Details:

Body:

The body on this car appears to be quite original overall. I don't see evidence of past accidents, etc. The doors and rear hatch all open and close smoothly and positively with nice gaps. The bonnet is very rusty at the front edge and will need to be replaced. The bonnet really makes the whole car look bad but the car seems to be pretty solid overall. There is body filler delaminating from the seams on the front end that I imagine were originally lead. There is also paint bubbling in areas around the car. The front floors also have rust and will need repair. With all this said, the body actually looks pretty good overall.

Interior:

The seats are all quite clean and free of rips, split seams, etc. The door panels look good with no rips and color bleaching on the tops. .The dash is all stock with the original steering wheel and gauges. The wood on the center console is in need of replacement. The carpet is also worn and in need of replacement. The headliner looks nice. The panel behind the rear seat is there but is stripped of the upholstery. The original jack and hardware as well as the fire extinguisher are intact.

Engine:

The engine is a 440 cubic inch Big Block Mopar. I believe this is the original engine to the car and it looks to be totally original down to the air cleaner. It runs well with no strange noises.

Transmission:

The transmission is a 3 speed automatic. I believe the transmission is also original to the car. It shifts into reverse and drive smoothly. All forward shifts positive with no slipping or strange noises. The transmission seems to function as it should.

Rearend:

The rearend looks to be the original. The rearend makes no strange noises and seems to function as it should.

Underhood:

The engine compartment is tidy overall and appears the be all original. The original air conditioning, power steering, and charging system is intact. The power steering works well and the car still charges. The A/C parts are all there but I imagine it will need a charge and service. The cooling fans all look to be intact. Even the original fuse covers are still there.

Brakes:

The brakes do work. I replaced the master cylinder and brake hoses. The parking/emergency brake is also functional.

Undercarriage:

The undercarriage seems to be all original. It looks to be pretty solid underneath with rust in the front driver's and passenger's floor boards which seem to be isolated to those areas.

Overall:

This Jensen is a running and driving car that could be made into a driver with some work or could be a worthy candidate for a restoration. The attention this car gets compared to a Charger, Challenger, or other Mopar is night and day. The Jensen Interceptors were only made from 1967-1976. Complete cars like this don't come up often at this price point. The Interceptors were very expensive when new and were quite low production due to the cost and time required to build by hand. Many are right hand drive and still in Europe. Finding an original left hand drive Jensen today is quite a task. The prices for these cars is going nowhere but up and I tried to price it so someone could work on it and still sell it for a profit down the road.

$16900

This Jensen Interceptor is available for inspection in Santa Cruz, CA.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperNovaSS For This Useful Post:
olredalert (05-26-2023), PeteLeathersac (05-18-2023), Steve Shauger (05-20-2023), Tenney (05-19-2023)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry UnderRear2.jpg UnderRear.jpg Trunk2.jpg Trunk1.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-23-2023, 11:20 PM

That's very cool and different in the same sentence. I can't imagine that it would handle very well with that 440 brick in the front with ac.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawperformance View Post
That's very cool and different in the same sentence. I can't imagine that it would handle very well with that 440 brick in the front with ac.

Thanks for the kind words. It looks like this car is sold pending payment. They are pretty cool cars. I had a convertible from the same collection that I sold earlier this year. It’s amazing how much different the car looks with the rear glass gone and a decklid in its place.

Jason
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperNovaSS For This Useful Post:
427 (05-27-2023), 69M22Z (05-24-2023), olredalert (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:32 PM

Sold.

Thanks,

Jason
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperNovaSS For This Useful Post:
Steve Shauger (05-27-2023)
Closed Thread