Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pit Area - Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2012, 06:15 AM

Default Morocco Family Racing finally............

GETS A WIN !!

After 5 years , thousands of dollars , many round wins, Cole ends up the champion at the first Jr. race of the year at Byron Dragway. Both cars were deadly consistent all day. Before we get into that, let me tell you what we did in the off season.
I pulled both motors off the chassis to take a look at them....

installed some new stuff, cleaned them up...
then we changed axle bearings and brakes and made sure everything was tight and ready to go.....

At the end of last year, i took 50 lbs off Dominics car and guess what, he gained 6 inches and about 40 lbs ! So his car was back to being a little heavy so he was off the 8.90 dial but still consistent.
here's how the day went... first time run...
Dominic.... 9.47 left lane
Cole....... 8.92 left lane
2nd time run
Dominic.....9.48 left lane
Cole........8.91 left lane
3rd time run
Dominic.....9.46 right lane
Cole........8.88 right lane
They do a "dial in" round at Byron...closest to their dial gets a trophy and $15 gift card..
Dial In Round
Dominic.....9.475 on a 9.47 dial. only to be outdone by Cole !
Cole........8.880 on a 8.88 dial !!! I couldnt believe that...
Both kids hit their dial !! We felt horrible for Dominic. First time ever being close to winning the cool dial in trophy and little bro takes it away ! Thats racin' I told him.
round 1
Dominic loses on a breakout.... he went 9.38 on a 9.47 dial..it picked up in the 60' for some reason.
Cole went 8.901 .024 light on a 8.89 dial to a losing 9.15 on a 9.00 dial.
round 2
Cole went 8.947 .035 light on a 8.90 dial ...other driver went red.
round 3
Cole went 8.95 .019 light on a 8.94 dial to a 8.400 on a 8.37 dial....that was close !
final round.
Cole went 8.992 on a 8.95 dial .009 light lifting since he caught the girl early and was in and out of the gas to stay ahead of her !
We were so excited for both boys ! which was hard since Dominic went out early, but even though he was disappointed , he kept his head up and helped me get Coles car ready for each round to keep Coles head clear for those killer reaction times ! And to top it all off, after the final , when we went to pick him up, Cole gets out of the car and tells Keri, " Mom, THAT was for you !" since it was her Birthday ! WOW ! I was never more proud !!
So since my photographer ( Keri ) has to help me with the cars, I dont have many pictures to post. I will try to take some during the race days from now on...

a couple more

The next Jr. race is this Saturday May 5th.... ill keep ya posted !
Thanks Bruce for fixing the winners circle pics ! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...