Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 03-30-2016, 06:02 PM

Default 1988 Monte Carlo SS Black, t-tops,13,000 miles!

Up for your consideration is probably THE finest 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS that you are going to find anywhere, PERIOD. I purchased this car from the original owner in North Carolina in February 2012 and I have been babying it ever since. The 1988 model year Monte Carlo SS is unique in the sense that they only made them for a few months during 1987 and this particular car has the 1987 & 1988 model year only color combination of black with gold stripes and tan interior.

Let's face it, 50% of Monte Carlos that are still out there are junks and the other 40% are decent. The other 9% of them are very nice and the remaining 1% are in the caliber of this car, absolutely exceptional, no BS. So without further ado, here are the stats on this car. This 1988 MC SS has only 13,000 ORIGINAL miles from brand new. The paint and decals & stripes is/are the ORIGINAL this car was born with, and it still shows and shines beautifully with the original factory orange peel perfectly intact. The interior, is original and absolutely perfect with nary a spot, mark, or anything wrong with it whatsoever. The wheels are perfect and NOT curbed. I removed and replaced the ORIGINAL tires with these BFG Radial T/A's less then 500 miles ago. I still have the original Goodyear Eagle GT+4 tires (1 model year only tires for the MC SS), however, they are in just so-so shape, but they DO come with the car. Under the hood is all original, although the underside fiberglass hood insulation is starting to deteriorate. Everything is still there, original belts, hoses, everything, although the battery was replaced in 2012. The trunk is absolutely perfect, the spare has NEVER been on the ground and the original GM T-top storage bags are there.

The stereo system has been "improved" by me, however, NOTHING has been altered from its original configuration, no holes drilled, no dash cut up, etc. I replaced all the speakers as they had started to deteriorate. I replaced the radio head unit but still have the ORIGINAL. I could easily have the original radio re-installed and no one would be the wiser.

The air conditioning is NOT blowing cold. There is nothing wrong with the compressor, and the fitting has been converted to the modern R134a fitting. I added some Freon in 2014 but after a couple of weeks it was blowing warm again so there is obviously a small leak somewhere I haven't even looked for yet. I personally always take the T-tops off when I drive it so I never looked into it.

One other thing I did was have the original headliner material and visors recovered NOT replaced. They started to sag (like ALL GM vehicles of this era) so I removed them and had the old material removed and had them professionally recovered using the original "cores". They look original and as if they were never removed.

This car runs and drives as if it's BRAND NEW, I'm not kidding. It starts, runs, handles, and performs like it just rolled off the showroom floor. The original exhaust purs beautifully and the car is NOT some rattle trap junk, it's rock solid, even with the T-tops off. There isn't a single leak or drop of oil, antifreeze, or anything leaking from this car. After an entire winter not even a single drop on the ground anywhere to be found.

The documentation? This car has it ALL! I have all of the original paperwork from the selling dealer, Mize Motors in Eden, North Carolina for this car, beautifully organized in archival sleeves in a binder. I have all the books, manuals, original keys, original bill of sale, odometer statement, loan contract, NC inspection forms, registration, insurance paperwork, original GM pre delivery inspection form, etc. However, I do NOT have the original window sticker!

The bottom line is that if a Monte Carlo SS is the car that you want, you will be hard pressed to find one like this ANYWHERE! I looked for at least 6 solid months before I found this one in 2012. This car has it all, the right color (is there really any other better color then black??) T-tops, super low miles, documented with all its paper, and literally ready to go. Flick the key and this thing is running and ready, I believe it could literally be driven to California without incident. Oh, you're gonna get a lot of looks and thumbs up with this baby too so get ready! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

The price of the car is $20,000 FIRM. I am super easy to deal with and very accommodating. The car can be inspected if so desired right here in Berwyn, IL, just outside of Chicago. Call me at 708-257-8539 or email me at fmag77 at aol dot com, NO text messages, I believe texts are reserved for unserious people with no intention to buy anything and I ignore them.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 1988 Monte Carlo SS Black, t-tops,13,000 miles!

This sucks, I can't even figure out how to add a photo in a post with this old azz technology....
Old 03-30-2016, 06:25 PM

Here is an add I just put on craigs list.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5515436973.html
Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,768 Times in 747 Posts

Frank sent these to me to post on his behalf

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 03-30-2016, 06:59 PM

Thanks Jake!
Old 03-30-2016, 06:59 PM

Thanked 1,768 Times in 747 Posts

More.....

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 03-30-2016, 07:01 PM

Now that is one fine looking Monte' ... TAZ
Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 PM

X2!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 PM

Thanked 3,874 Times in 1,003 Posts

Naw.....x3!

P.S. I LOVE your Craiglist ad! Classic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 PM

One outstanding Monte Carlo [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Best of Luck Frank.....say hello to your Dad.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw