Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Sometimes cars come along that ignite your soul like a match to a can of denatured alcohol. Why denatured? No reason, except that I went to college and figured I better use some of those words I learned (pronounced...LERR-Ned [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] ) Anywho, I'm into the restoration of my A12 Super Bee, affectionately called &quot;The Beater Bee&quot; by the previous owner, and figured I'd better start a thread to show some much needed progress. With the MCACN show looming on the horizon, and several projects that popped up over the recent months, I was forced to delay my unveiling of the Beater Bee until next year's show. I know, I know. Bob was so distraught over this that he almost wasn't going to have the show this year. I told him to buck-up, stop sniveling, and put on the show anyway! After some persuasion, he agreed, so rest easy: MCACN 2016 is on! Whether or not any of that actually happened is speculatory at best. And since speculatory isn't even a word, then I'm pretty sure that previous conversation didn't happen at all. Actually, it went more like this:

Bob: {rrrriiinnng} &quot;Hello?&quot;
Me: &quot;Hi Bob, Dave here. I don't think I can make the show this year. I've had a lot come up like plate tectonics, the Coriolis effect, and did you know the Moon is actually moving away from the Earth at about 1.5 inches per year???? With all that going on, I am too busy to get my car done in time. Can I do it next year? Thanks Bob, [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] you're one of the good ones [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] ....{click}&quot;
Bob: &quot;Hello?&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

So, with that, the countdown is on for next year's show!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] To start from the beginning, I was after this car for 3yrs. After many subliminal emails to the owner making small talk and such, finally, my badgering paid off. Hey, how do you think I got Kelly to be my wife!? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif[/img] Sometimes the squeaky oil gets the wheel....er, something like that. So here she is and the first &quot;touch&quot;...

And here is after I flooded it, with the Ukranian driver saying, &quot;No have gas, no poomp the pedal, is spark, no have...you see what I'm talking.....&quot;

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Attachments - The Supercar Registry V8TV.jpg unveil8.jpg unveil2.jpg unveil1.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...