Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted

Please note

Old 10-14-2021, 12:36 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default WTB: 1993369 Temperature Sending Unit

Looking for an NOS 1993369 temperature sending unit correct for 66-69 Full-size Chevy, Camaro and Chevelle V8 without gauges. Specifically this is for a 1969 Chevelle big block without gauges. My broken one is stamped AC-248 MX upside down, but one note I’ve read online states it would be stamped 369. I believe it should be a 248 degree switch with a post on top. Please let me know what you have.
Thanks,
Marty

Last edited by Hawkeye; 10-14-2021 at 12:41 AM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry NOS248M.jpg AssyLine3.jpg AssyLine.jpg AssyLine.2.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-14-2021, 02:41 AM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

Post on top is correct.

I think these are being reproduced now; but not certain. If it is, you can bet there is something wrong. Not sure why no one can reproduce parts exactly the way they were.
They were not for many years.

I have an NOS round post top stamped with HS 248. Part number on the box was 25036504. I don't think it is assy line correct, as the assy line parts were stamped AC before the digits. The BOX says ACDelco, but no AC stamped on the part.

I also have an assy line sender with NO tool marks on it. Tested and it works. Stamped AC 257M. Not sure if that means it doesn't trigger until the temp hits 257F.

The assembly line sender one has the correct connector on top. They are really hard to find, and I hate to separate the two parts.

First three pics are the assembly line part. Fourth is the nos part.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2021, 12:31 AM

Lynn,

Thank you very much for the photos and the information. It will be interesting to do a little research on your temperature sending units to see if I can figure out what version and if there are any differences. I am also going to send you a PM.

Thanks again,
Marty
Old 10-15-2021, 01:00 AM

Marty:

HBC shows to have an NOS one in stock. $125.

https://www.heartbeatcitynos.com/286...-Line-Correct/

If you already have the correct connector, they you may as well purchase an NOS sender.

Mine is probably more suited to someone whose connector was cut off and thrown away years ago. Almost all the replacement ones had either a threaded post, a spade or a disc on them, and when installed, the installer cut off the connector and crimped on a spade connector or whatever fit the new sender.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:11 AM

I did see that one at HBC, but I was just checking here to see if anyone had one before I go that route.

Thank you.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:17 AM

The only difference I see is that the later over the counter unit that Jim has does not have the AC and number stamped upside down as the assy line part does.

I SUSPECT that the 248 vs 257 is the diff in temp before the sender closes and sets off the light. I have seen original cars with either of those. The unit I have came off a 69 full size Chevy that had NEVER been torn apart, and I am pretty sure the sender had never been replaced.

I can sell mine, but would want $100 for it, shipped continental US in a priority mail box.
Just in case anyone is wondering. I hate to separate it from the connector, but guess we could do an ask and see if anyone is missing that connector on his or her car. They are a bear to track down.