Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2019, 05:28 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird812 View Post
Very cool Graeme - is he the original owner of the car? He has got to be STOKED!!
Yes he is. Kym factory ordered the car when he was turning 20. He street raced it for a year, then in 71 it became a Super Stock car and was raced every other weekend around the PNW. It transformed over the years to become a competitive SS/JA car in the west and he won a division title with it in 1978. Sold it to his best friend in 1980 and it has stuck around Alberta for the rest of it's life until I restored the car back to street trim. Yesterday was the first time it has technically seen the streets since about 1971. Kym had bought it back a while ago and I stepped in to help him out by finishing up the restoration in time for it's 50th birthday. Before months end, he'll have it home and that'll mark 50 years to the day he took possession of the car on May 27th, 1969. It's a cool story that has brought the car full circle back to him .

Might see this story in MCR as well as one other Mag that has taken an interest since learning about the circle of events.
Xplantdad (05-10-2019)