Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts
Default Thanks everyone

I just want to say thanks to everyone that either brought cars or attended. Without all of you the show doesn't exist. It is not cheap to ship a car across country and I think we had cars from 27 States ? I think that is a result of word spreading and the people understanding what we are trying to accomplish. It is a celebration of the best musclecars in the world in one place and the feeling you get when seeing them all is amazing. You know you witnessed and were part of something special. Looking down a row of 15 ZL1's is something none of us has ever done before. 8 1970 L78 Camaros ? amazing...The row of 70 Chevelles. All the Motion cars and especially the Rally Green Camaro that I have wanted to see for years. Seeing Joel Rosen having a great time for the second year in a row. Joel hadn't seen some of those cars since he built them. Seeing Grumpy Jenkins. He looked so grumpy I didn't want to bother him but he was there signing autographs for hours and hours.

Me and the other MCACN partners were pretty busy all weekend and I know I didn't really have a chance to look at all the cars like I would have liked to. I also met a bunch of people from this site and will remember 1/3 of them due to a crappy talent for remembering names and the hectic weekend. Next year I want to have SYC name stickers with the name they use here on the site and their real names. I nominate Cumby for it. Don't let us forget next year.
When Bob Ashton told me there would be a Tucker in the lobby I thought he was nuts. This is a musclecar show. Then I saw the Tucker and it was stunning and I heard others also talking about what a beautiful car it was. It reminded me that we are all car people and it doesn't have to be a musclecar to be appreciated if it is a good car.
The Yenko.net forums are kind of the birthplace of MCACN due to most of the MCACN partners probably meeting and being members of this site. SYC will continue to support MCACN and I hope even more SYC members can attend next year. I don't really care to sit at a car show but MCACN is more than that. It is a celebration of cars, it is inside under one roof, It is close to Hotels, airports etc. It is a place for the top restoration shops in the country to show off their talents and gather more customers.Some of the resto work on display is stunning.
Again I can't thank everyone enough for being a part of MCACN. See you next year.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 29214.jpg 29213.jpg 29212.jpg 28963.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-24-2011, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Thanks everyone

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt">Killer show Charley!!!!</span> </span></span></span>

The BEST! But, I do feel sorry for you MCACN folks as you have a tuff job of topping this year's extraordinary show!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

THANK <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-style: italic">YOU</span></span>!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2011, 08:41 PM

Thank You Charley and Bob/Vicki Ashton.
I drove down from Toronto Ontario Canada and it was well worth it to see all those great cars in one place.
It was Great to say Hi to you in person at the Friday night party. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2011, 08:51 PM

And Thank you Charley and the other MCACN partners.
next time I'll have a 1/4 tank lol
And the name tags would be great
Old 11-24-2011, 09:20 PM

This was the first show that I have ever attended since being a member on this site. My head was spinning all weekend! There was so much to look at and so many people to talk to. I am glad that I was able to meet a ton of sYc members, and talk their ears off about cars and talents.

The popularity of the &quot;Day-2&quot; was awsome! Bbbenny won the bet! I guess he gets to keep the COPO? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cry.gif[/img]

Sorry I cut off your head Bbbenny, but the sign says it best!

[img:center][/img]

[img:center][/img]

Jed 69,70,71 Nova's 1955 Bel Air and a 69 Camaro.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 PM

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

Ha !!! I never saw that sign.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:41 PM

I have some other good shots Charley that are in my camera in Bbbenny's trunk! My girlfriend hung out like a trooper while I was going nuts. She let me borrow her camera to take pics of what Bbbenny was going to do.

Jed 69,70,71 Nova's 1955 Bel Air and a 69 Camaro.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Yeah BBBenny! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

It was the first time that I've attended MCACN - I definitely won't miss it in the future! First rate job Charly &amp; partners! I can't believe that I had to go all the way to Chicago to meet Benny (he lives 30 miles from me)!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:45 AM

Charley, you, Bob, Tony and the other MCACN Members should be commended for continuing to put on the best show out there, especially given the financial profile of this kind of undertaking. It's a great pleasure to participate and be a part of an event that continues to put together such high quality, ground breaking displays of cars across the brand spectrum and across the years. Keep it going and we'll keep coming back.

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump