Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Yenko Chevelle Options

I read the link listing options for Chevelles. But, I was wondering if any Yenko Chevelles had AC?
Did any have the SS console with buckets?
If not, what shifter came with buckets?
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 112051-512eng.jpg 112049-512.jpg 112048-GTOC.jpg 112047-M1.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,152 Posts
Default Re: Yenko Chevelle Options

No A/C possible on the Yenko Chevelles,although Frank Radake personally added A/C,PS,Buckets & Power windows to his GR Yenko.A very nice man & Car.
Console & Buckets was possible on them from the factory.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:12 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Really nice guy, and so is Frank, JR. Their car is featured in the current issue of Super Chevy's Chevelle magazine. The article is by Bob McClurg, with pics taken at SCR7. And their car is not just for show, as they have raced it at the last 5 SCRs.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:54 PM

I found an article in the August 1969 Super Stock & Drag Illustrated about the Yenkos. On page 36, it states "we had planned to bring out a Chevelle equipped with the L-72 engine but with air conditioning and the Turbohydramatic box". "The particular unit we had in mind was inadvertently sold". A/C avalible? Thoughts? Just my 2 cents worth.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:29 PM

There definitely weren't any factory A/C equipped Yenko Chevelles. I could understand SS&DI's interest in testing an auto with A/C, but Don probably just told them he sold the only one he had rather than admit they weren't available. That would give the perception that A/C was available, and allow Yenko to see if it would create any demand. I'm sure if you had enough $ Yenko would install an aftermarket A/C unit if that's what it would take to make a sale. It's an interesting statement for sure, and I can only speculate on it's origins, but most likely it's just another instance of Yenko "stretching the truth" a little to his benefit.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:14 PM

Don would do almost anything you wanted. I wanted chambered exhaust and they put them in the trunk with a note saying "to be installed after break in period". They are still in the trunk. I also wanted a JL8 which I was told was not available from the factory on a COPO but they would install it at the shop or Yenko would ship all the components necessary to do a 100% conversion with the car and the selling dealer could install the parts. I got the parts with the car along with the invoice etc. Never did install it.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:58 PM

Fasttoys...We ever gonna get to see some current pics of this car?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:19 PM

Xplantdad caught the fact that the smog pump was not hooked up. When I pulled it out of storage in July that was the one thing that was hosed. Was going to get it working but it was on the back burner at the time as I was very short on time trying to make SRC. Xplantdad is sharp and very observant.

I have not decided if I will post any pics of this or any of the other cars. I invested alot of dollars and time to make the SRC event with the intent of "sharing" the out of storage party with SRC. I even sent some Yenko repo flyers to Tom and Rob (who were nice enough to distribute them)for the event, only to have a serious family issue cause me to go overseas and not make SRC. I received an awful lot of abuse on this site, via PM, and off line. I had nothing to gain then, nothing to gain now, and do not need to prove anything to anybody.

Camarojoe, this is not aimed at you so please take no offense as non is intended.

I am sure there will be folks commenting that "if you post them all will be fine" but after getting slapped a few times the issue takes on a different taste.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Your hesitance is valid.. But being one of the people who has been here for quite a while now and gotten to know alot of the good people who frequent this site let me just say that most of the skeptics and problem starters are fly-byers who come in, start crap.. then disappear.. Don't judge the entire site and it's members by those type of postings and bashing.. Like you said you have nothing to gain or lose by sharing what you have, same can be said for the legitiment enthusiasts here.. We just enjoy when someone does share what they've had tucked away now and then.. Especially when it motivates others to do the same.. Seeing these awesome cars and hearing their stories puts smiles on us.. And it's enjoyed by all. But decisions to share or not will be respected either way by those of us who understand.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:32 AM

No offense taken fasttoys... and I hope the feeling is mutual... I know there are alot of sceptics on this site, myself included in most cases... but the best way to show-up a sceptic is to show what you got, and everyone usually shuts up and realizes you are for real...You must understand that the cars you have talked about owning (especially the sYc camaro) is like the "holy grail" to alot of folks here, and without seeing that it really exists, most decide that it probably does not. There have been alot of people through here over the years that pop in, make claims they have this or that, get us all psyched up about it, then turn out to be flakes... so i can see where some folks could get the same suspicions again... don't hold that against 'em, just show them a few pics and all the scepticism will quickly go away... PS....I have one of the flyers you sent to SCR, and thank you for taking the time to send them... I hope to meet you next year, and see your cars in the flesh... til then, a couple of decent pics would go a long way towards turning the sceptics into believers...however, that decision is yours. JMO...