Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default New Holland Baler Grump Lump Scoop

You guys are going to laugh at this but this NH 268 baler plunger scoop has about the same dimensions as my A&A 7" Grump Lump scoop. These balers were made '64 to '68 in New Holland PA, not far from a little shop in Malvern so I'm beginning to wonder if old Bill got an idea from when those balers being shipped out.

Trim some from the bottom or flange it to get the correct height and lower the top back portion 1/3 down a little bit and it will be close. The side edges around the perimeter of the scoop are not as rounded as the A&A. The metal is very thick and would be easy to work with.

Buy some Hayliner 268 decals from the local New Holland farm dealer and..well never mind.....

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:02 AM

Default Re: New Holland Baler Grump Lump Scoop

GREAT, now the ebay prices will go thru the roof!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

I can see it: &quot;Hayliner 268 baler plunger scoop. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Applications</span>:</span> New Holland, Gibb, Harrell, Yenko, Nickey...........&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]

BTW, the early Super Stock racers, particularly the Mopars would swipe FORD truck hood scoops to use on their hoods aligned with the x-ram staggered carbs. Here is my '62 S/S Plymouth as raced at the &quot;Grove&quot;.....

Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 AM

I think the 268 is the small block version.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 PM

Yea I'm laughin alright. You got a pretty good imagination alright. I work for Messick's, a New Holland dealer here in south Central pa. This post sure caught my attention. But I'm thinkin thats the way it all started. Use what you had and if you didn't have it go ahead and make it from something else.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:50 PM

When a kid on the farm, I opened that cover every day during haying season. My job was to grease the equipment every morning. Ours was a 268 as well. Between three farms, we put in about 15,000 bales a year and never had a minute's problem with the New Holland equipment. I guess I didn't have enough imagination then to envision a hood scoop. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]