Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 PM

I've reached out to NCRS in the hopes of getting the dealership delivery info. They said it would or could take up to 4 weeks. The more info, the better. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,078 Times in 1,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbl78 View Post
I've reached out to NCRS in the hopes of getting the dealership delivery info. They said it would or could take up to 4 weeks. The more info, the better. Fingers crossed.

They have/had an express option which was $100 and they could email/fax the information same day and then follow up with a mailed letter. The standard was $50 and usually took a week or so.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 05-31-2019, 09:17 PM

Thank you Steve... I just received my NCRS shipping data report and I have attached the information that they have provided. I believe that the address for dealer was
Norwood Motor Co
1338 Post Road
Warwick, RI
The Following User Says Thank You to bbl78 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (06-02-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 07:58 PM

I just wanted to update the information on this car. I have just got off the phone with the original owner Frank Hartle Jr. He is the original owner who bought the car new in 1969 from Norwood. He has also informed me that the car that I own was originally an L89 (aluminum head) chevelle from the factory.

He recently commented on Patrick Glenn Nichols Burnished Brown L89 find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaCFS1j1Ig

Frank Hartle Jr.
2 weeks ago
"Unbelievable! I’m 72 and in1969 I bought an identical car down to the color from Norwood Chevrolet in Providence RI. They were the Yenko of the Northeast. On the showroom floor was this car plus a station wagon with a 427 and a Camaro with a L88 427. Being newly married I thought the Chevelle made more sense. Sure. I was 22 and making big money as an commercial aircraft mechanic. The salesman explained that the Chevelle had what he called a taxi cab body. No power anything, cardboard door panels, and no carpet just rubber mat. Once I signed for it they took it to the service department and put El Camino front coils in, ladder bars and air bags under it, and electric fuel pump. Of course all that was rolled into the financing. Some weeks I made more money street racing with that car than at work. I won’t go into why I gave that car up except to say I handed my Man Card over to the wife. Thanks for the flashback Patrick."

SO EXCITED!!!! What a great weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to bbl78 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

If it was originally an aluminum head car it wouldn't have had an engine suffix code of JD that you show in the pictures, if that is the protector plate it wasn't an aluminum head car from the factory.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 PM

Congrats on finding your car's original owner and history. It appears Mel Perry gave your Chevelle some of his modifications before the car went out the door. Keep digging. Hopefully the original owner still has some documentation (build sheet, POP, photos, etc.) to support what options the car was originally assembled with, and the modifications he says were made by Norwood Motors.

Here's the thread on my 1969 L89 Chevelle that received Mel Perry's modifications at Norwood Motors, according to the original owner.
https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141828

I like how you modified your asking price to NFS!! She's a keeper.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 PM

The original owner (Frank) said that the engine had been removed and that it originally did have aluminum heads. The stamping on the cars pad looks like it's original? But, may be a re-stamp? The original owner said that the engine stayed in the family and he has reached out to that family member to see what had happened to it. Frank said that the car came with ladder bars and el camino front springs from the dealership. He said that the air cleaner plenum was incorrect to the car and so were the side stripes. He commented on Patrick's post of the L89 because of the obvious similarities.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:53 PM

Thank you for sharing your info Helmut. I love the information and history on these cars. I'll share any additional information that the original owner provides.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:00 AM

That is great news that you found the original owner and he confirmed what the car is. I was surprised nobody said anything sooner, both the engine and transmission are restamps. I didn't want to be bashing in a for sale thread or be the first to say something.

Jason
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperNovaSS For This Useful Post:
69Shelby (07-16-2020)
Old 06-08-2019, 12:20 AM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Then how do you explain this?
Because it contradicts what the original owner said & looks authentic to me.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
Mol (07-12-2020)