Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Other Events

Old 07-06-2002, 09:28 PM

Default Camaro Summer Shine, Knoxville TN

I just wanted to invite everyone to the 9th Annual Camaro Summer Shine in Knoxville TN on August 10-11 presented by the East Tennessee Camaro Club. All years of Camaros are invited to attend. This years Best of Show trophy is sponsored by Bill Thomas of Bill Thomas Race Cars. He has helped with the design and it comes with a COA signed by Mr. Thomas himself! If you need a flyer mailed to you please email either me or contact Harold Pena at [email protected] or look us up on the web at http://clubs.hemmings.com/etcc/ . The show will be at Chilhowee Park, same place as Corvette Expo and the NSRA Nat's South are held, and we will also have vendors and a swap meet. Floyd Garretts Musclecar Museum is only a short 30 minute drive away from the show site! We look forward to having all Camaro owners come out enjoy our show and the beautiful East Tennessee area..................RatPack..................
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 16831-etcc1.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-09-2002, 06:41 PM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: Camaro Summer Shine, Knoxville TN

Is this the same Bill Thomas from CA. that worked with Harrell and Nickey? If so, Does he remember any info on building the 1967 427 Camaros? What does he say about working on the secret Chevy racing projects?
Old 07-10-2002, 02:07 PM

Joe, yes it is the one and only Bill Thomas. From what I can say he does not remember much about the Camaro program. I have not heard much about his involvement with Chevrolet but I am sure he could tell some stories. He is retired and is a very private person from what I am told and does not keep up with the cars he built. I do know he has given permission to a guy in TX (?) to build the Cheetahs again with a production run of 100. I wish I could tell you more but I am not the one with the access to him and I cannot give out that persons name or address either. Our club was blessed with this opportunity to have him help with the Best of Show trophy and we are honoring his and our contacts request not to divulge the state where he lives or how to contact him.....................RatPack................... .......
Old 08-29-2002, 10:02 PM

RatPack.

you have to fill me in on all the cruise ins and shows here now that we're going to be neighbors .

Interested in the ETCamaroClub as well.
THANKS. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2002, 03:54 AM

Will do! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You need to stay in town this coming weekend and the following! Two [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] awesome shows in Pigeon Forge: Shades of the Past 5th-7th and then The Fall Grand Run on the 13th-15th. Glad to get a chance to talk with you Saturday, sorry I couldn't talk longer...................RatPack.................