Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Misc. Dealers

Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,847 Times in 1,634 Posts
Default Re: Dealer Emblems

----Barry was a good guy and sponsered Red Alert back in the 90s. I still have a box of decals that he gave me to sell at races and swap meets. Sadly, he has passed on. He moved to Michigan and I heard had retired to Arizona, but 50 odd years or more of full time smoking caught up with him. Another great guy that I miss.........Bill S
Old 12-29-2012, 06:42 PM

Mr70, Yes Barry was the guy. I heard couple years ago he passed away. He had alot of quality reproduction things in the day the stuff was hard to find. George
Old 12-29-2012, 07:19 PM

Bill, Thanks for the kind words couple posts back. Happy New Years to You & Jan.
I came across a picture of Jack's sponsered CanAm car, should I post it here or is there a better place? George.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 PM

Thanked 3,847 Times in 1,634 Posts

----I think the guys would love to see that, George! Perhaps in the Lounge area......Bill S
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,178 Posts

I would too.
Yes,please start a new topic in the lounge section.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:52 AM

Picture posted in Lounge. George
Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x77-69z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STILL looking for anything from hm Williams Chevy or village Chevy in New York for my two cars. Didn't know how hard this would be! </div></div>

Williams was Freeport? I had a 63 Nova SS from there, I'll look for the trunk emblem, I think it got taken off the car.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 AM

Hm Williams was on northern blvd in queens. The vitar transmission copo was sold there as well. Sold a lot of hipo cars. I think they moved to Long Island and may have supplied cars to Joel Rosen.
Buddy
P.s. Chris I will have to look you up in the spring. I bought a summer place in southold. I try and keep one of my cars out there!
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hvychev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the other that is VERY similar. Bill Jacobs Chevrolet is still located in Joliet, IL which is about 35 miles out side Chicago. They do huge business in new Corvette sales today. They were roumored to have been a supercar dealer that sold both Yenko and Dick Harrell cars. This dealer decal is NEW but they have been EXACTLY the same since at least the late 60's. I saw an original owner family 69 Nova SS L78 4 speed last summer at the Joliet cruise night. The original decal was still on the back of the car and was identical besides the usual age wear.

The Ferrell Hicks and Bill Jacobs decals are even almost the same exact size. They are the same length wise but the Ferrell Hicks is a tad bigger width wise. They are also both printed on reflective sheeting.

BTW Marlin please help me with that info! &lt;img src=&quot;/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; /&gt;

</div></div>

Frank, you are right that these two decals are almost the same. The reason is that Bert Ferrell was Bill Jacob's father in law and for a time they were in business together. It is true that Bill Jacobs is still alive and well in Joliet and yes we are still using the same decals, but only on the older Vette's and other muscle cars. there is an updated decal on the newer stuff. However if somebody would like a new older style decal I would be more than happy to send them out to anyone who wants one. Also I can confirm that we did in fact sell a few Harrell cars, but I'm not sure about the Yenko cars. However any info on that would be appreciated.
Trip Jacobs
Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 PM

I just went through this cool &quot;old school&quot; thread again. Wow, memories. I just thought I'd throw this out there, if anyone runs into any memorabilia from Mize Motors (Chevrolet) from Eden, North Carolina, please let me know. I still have the original dealer emblem on the back of my 12K mile 1988 Monte Carlo SS along with this plate that I found on e-bay. I am looking for anything else from that dealer (key chains, postcards, plate frame, or ANYTHING.) Also if anyone has any cool Chicago area dealership memorabilia for sale let me know! Since I am not on this site all the time please e-mail me at [email protected] with any leads.