Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-17-2003, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay.....

If their not making them, then who is. I've got images of 3 fake 67 Z28 tag, probably 30 fake 69 Z28 tags, half a dozen X22, and X66 tags.

Some morons even fake 68 tags, that don't even tell you anything.

The wording on their website is for legal considerations only. They'll stamp anything you want on a trim tag, just send them a check, or better yet cash.

My Pace Car
Old 11-17-2003, 04:13 PM

I dont doubt for a minute that they may fake them and if not someone else, I was merely posting the web site info and opinions of others that have discussed this before. As I said, I am not a fan of the practice. Word manipulation for legal reasons is a very good point, Alices restaurant is also a good comparison.
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 04:58 PM

Wow, what can I say? This is one screwed up deal. Even yet this morning, the seller is still receiving emails and phone calls (he don't know how people got his number). Yes he knows it is a Yenko, yes he knows it's value and no he is still not selling the car to anyone but me. The car is paid for and was purchased by me and is being picked up shortly. I am sad to say that many people have attempted to screw me on this deal. He had received email from at least 10 people. I did not undercut anybody, I am not quickrod. This was anybody's deal to lose I just reacted quicker than most and sealed the deal. Nobody sent me an email stating they were working a deal, nobody had even talked to the seller when he contacted me and nobody has told me since I bought the car that I screwed them. That being said, allot of people have tried to screw me. Brian Henderson, why were you still sending this guy emails last night telling him that you were the second highest bidder and that you want the car? Why, because you were trying to screw me when you knew I had sealed the deal. You do nice work on these cars but if you were the last restoration shop on earth, you would not get my business. How about you Brian Potter? Why are you still trying to screw me? Neither of you guys even know me. Because you guys are stupid enough to let the car go, you want to try to screw up a good thing for me. Brian, you had the car at $8700. Why did you not bid higher? You lost it fair and square. Brian Potter, why did you post it on the internet for all of the world to see? Not too brite if you wanted the car.You were concerned about Mark? BS, your motives are clear to me and they are about money. Brian Henderson, when the auction ended, you were out of the deal. It was fair game and you know it. When the seller tells me about the others who have contacted him since yesterday morning, I will know who you are. If you contacted him, do not EVER as me for a damn thing and I mean never. You have taken a clear stance against me. I have been in the Supercar arena for 1 year. Allot of my experiences have been good but this one has put a real bad taste in my mouth and I have formed many new opinions about how this group of people work. It is very sad to me because I love the cars. In these pages regarding this car, there have been many people who have been supportive and I thank you. These are the guys that I choose to associate with and who make the hobby good. I will continue to own and enjoy these cars as I have but unfortunately the group of people that I trust in this hobby has gotten allot smaller. Beware to anyone trying to work a deal on a purchase. I suggest you keep it quiet or the vultures will come!

Old 11-17-2003, 05:27 PM

By the way, several members of this site directed the seller of my car to view all that has taken place. When I spoke with him this morning, he had already read all 7 pages. He was not impressed.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Wow, so much for the Sunday only family fights.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:33 PM

GOOD SCORE CLINT!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 06:39 PM

Clint you are right on the ball on this one. Congrats again. It's not just the Supercar Guys that are like that it happens whenever a rare or desirable musclecar is for sale you need to keep it under your hat until the car is in your garage even friends like to blab about a find and can screw up a deal for you. It reminds me of a quote in a movie that I saw but cannot remember the title " I will cut you... I don't want to cut you....But I will cut you".

Everyone should stop calling the seller and let it go they had their chance !!!

Fire me over some pics of the car when you get it home.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Wow, I have heard about some sharks in these water, and boy, that was an understatement! Bunch of people here have no morals and have no shame in that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Charley.gif[/img]. It is a shame. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Clint, WAY TO GO!! That is cool that you got such a good deal, and was able to fend off the sharks! Pics would be sweet neihbor. Iowa just keeps getting better and better! I need to attend some shows there.

I bet the high bidder is totaly kicking himself now, but that is what you get when you place a bid and don't follow through [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

First off, I was part of the original auction. I was a bidder on the car. You were not period. I have every right to pursue a car that was bid on and the high bidder backed away from. Why not. If the auction was a reserve met auction, and it was, and the original high bidder backs away, even though his bid is a binding and legal contract according to ebay the seller should contact those who bid on the auction first. My bid is also considered legal and binding. Stepping outside the underbidders and accepting an outside offer first is not the way the auction is set up. Simply put Clint, you used this site and Potter to get a car you were clueless about. Your true colors came out loud and clear. Your smack in Potters face response is clear to most. It seems you are OK with stepping on toes, but can't handle it when the tables are turned on you. What is different. You stepped over my real bid, to get to the car. I would only think its right for me to find out why my bid is no good. Enjoy the car Clint, I don't care, you won it fair and square...BKH [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... CLOSED!!!!

Said it earlier, Thread goes South, Thread will be closed!

Anyone have questions or comments about what and how the deal on this car happened, contact those involved thru E-mail. Enough said