Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-18-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Does anyone agree with my view over at TC?

I have not been watching this post on Team Chevelle but I figured it wouldn't take long for someone else (I know of another car out there now) to do this exact same thing. He knows something that very few people know about code 72 and 76 when it comes to the Chevelles in 69 and he is going to exploit it. Since the Privacy Act was started doing title searches is next to impossible unless you know someone. That was the old fashioned way of tracking down the previous history of a vehicle, by finding previous owners and asking them what the car was when they had it. Whomever this uscrupulous person is on Team Chevelle, someone needs to try and get a vin number from him or even better, find out his real name and give it to the local authorities. All that has to be said is this guy is tampering with the vin's and trim tags. The local investigator into stolen cars here said that eventhough a trim tag does not contain the vin, it does contain information regarding what the car was originally and can in some instances be a crime to alter it. Case in point was a 70 LS5 Chevelle that turned out to be a rebody with a 72 Malibu shell. He said since that even if the trim tag was the only item changed, it could be considered fraud as the intent was to make something it wasn't. The administrator could do some investigating by getting his ip address and finding out what town he is in and report him that way. What a scum bag!!!!

Charlie, yes there are Hugger Orange & Daytona Yellow non-hi-po Camaros built in 1969 but there is a difference when it comes to the Chevelles as only the SS cars (COPO's esxcluded) were available with this color. You could special order, as with any GM car, a car with any color of paint that Dupont made at that time on a production vehicle whether GM, Ford, or Chrysler. However there are specific differences on the Chevelles pertaining to these two colors and I would prefer not to eloborate on them publicly.............RatPack...................... .I know of a 1969 Chevelle wagon that is a 350 4-spd and is Daytona Yellow..............
Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However there are specific differences on the Chevelles pertaining to these two colors and I would prefer not to eloborate on them publicly.............RatPack...................... .

[/ QUOTE ]

And just why not elaborate on them publicly?? Some sort of secret government conspiracy??

Rick H.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,829 Times in 1,023 Posts

Just me spacing out...I was thinking Camaro..