Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-16-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Volo museum honest?

Chuck i know u dont mean this car u know i owned it u know im telling the truth u know where i bought it and who i sold it to wana see the build sheet? jeff
Old 12-16-2006, 10:55 PM

Let me clear this up as a enthusiasts how can u not like the cars coming out of volo. but there is so many fakes out there real good ones that its getting harder to tell my only problem is i presented brian with proof and a chance to do the right thing and he hasnt
Old 12-16-2006, 11:09 PM

"will give a dealer the benefit of the doubt".....on EBAY ??
when spending six figure$$$!!?

native new yorker, born sceptic
I doubt everything - why?
because I used to sell used cars.
I'm not that person anymore but there are many out there.

Chris
Old 12-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Chris, do you broker real estate now?
I understand that there's a certain NY landmark that is up for sale, one of the bridges from Brooklyn to Manhattan?

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 12-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Yenko Paid Member

I stated i didnt mean this particular car in my post. I know the car better than you do,i advertised it for sale in 2004 and inspected it many times as it was 5 miles down the road from me,and came close many many times to owning it.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, do you broker real estate now?
I understand that there's a certain NY landmark that is up for sale, one of the bridges from Brooklyn to Manhattan?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, I'll PM you where to send the money orders

Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very illuminating discussion. But, this just gets my goat. I have watched Volo for years and have been entertained by their collection of sharp looking cars. I have never dealt with them, but will give a dealer the benefit of the doubt if I have no reason to distrust. I do, however, trust the input of the folks on this forum who HAVE done business with them. The ad for this car walks a very fine line with carefully chosen words and phrases. In a court of law they would probably hold up. To the unsuspecting or uninitiated someone may think they are getting an original engine...

YOU WANT MATCHING NUMBERS, THIS CAR HAS THEM.

I personally do not care for this type of rhetoric now knowing that the original engine is not in the car.

Knowing the above info I would not be comfortable doing business with these folks. They may be "learning", but it is at the expense of customer's hard earned wages. When will they learn that this will only come back to bite them?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a case of wordsmithing - the car is being represented as having a numbers-matching engine. If you click on the link for the 200 photos they have pics of the front engine pad, which clearly shows the last 6 digits of the car's VIN. However, 69motion noted that the original motor was long gone when he sold it.

So, this 1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6 vin# 136370A130493 is a real LS6 car that now has a fake, restamped, numbers-matching engine that was installed as part of the restoration. Can there be a more clear case of fraud?
1969 Chevelle SS396 L78 M22 4:10 Tuxedo Black
1970 LS3 Malibu 400 BB convertible
1970 LS3 Malibu 400 BB coupe
1970 Chevelle 300 series LS3 400 BB coupe, special order Monaco Orange
1970 Chevelle Concours Estate LS3 400 BB wagon
1970 Chevelle SS396 L78 M21 3:55 Tuxedo Black
Old 01-04-2007, 12:30 AM

rainer you are correct im with u 100 percent
Old 01-06-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is not a case of wordsmithing - the car is being represented as having a numbers-matching engine. If you click on the link for the 200 photos they have pics of the front engine pad, which clearly shows the last 6 digits of the car's VIN. However, 69motion noted that the original motor was long gone when he sold it.

So, this 1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6 vin# 136370A130493 is a real LS6 car that now has a fake, restamped, numbers-matching engine that was installed as part of the restoration. Can there be a more clear case of fraud?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can we sit back and watch someone lose 50k+ when you know something about a certain car? Kudos to Jeff for coming forward and stating that the car did not have it's original engine when he sold it. Potential buyers are now more educated for it. If someone is still willing to buy it, that's their decision but at least they know the truth before spending hard earned bucks. It is sites like this which will ultimately be responsible for keeping sellers in check and being honest.

The reason that some of these dealers have been getting away with stuff in the past is because people who knew the truth about certain cars, kept their mouths shut because they figured "Hey, not my business".

Fraud is everyone's business.......
Old 01-06-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can we sit back and watch someone lose 50k+ when you know something about a certain car? Kudos to Jeff for coming forward and stating that the car did not have it's original engine when he sold it. Potential buyers are now more educated for it. If someone is still willing to buy it, that's their decision but at least they know the truth before spending hard earned bucks. It is sites like this which will ultimately be responsible for keeping sellers in check and being honest.

The reason that some of these dealers have been getting away with stuff in the past is because people who knew the truth about certain cars, kept their mouths shut because they figured "Hey, not my business".

Fraud is everyone's business.......

[/ QUOTE ]

What he "Said"

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things