Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Yenko Vega V8?

Has there ever been a documented case of a Yenko Vega with a V8?? I heard rumors that some geniune yenko vegas engines were taken out and replaced by the owners with V8's and taken to the track.. There was one rolling around on the web last year claiming to be a real yenko with a V8 ..any truth to this?? curious..
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-21-2006, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Yenko Vega V8?

Not that I know of, but Yenko did offer a V8 conversion kit in it's catalog, and several Yenko Vegas got small blocks stuffed in them early in life. I know the Silver one did, and our Red one was in the process of getting one whenever the military shipped off it's owner...
Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM

Yes thats what Im talking about.. Original 4cyl turbo Yenkos that owners eventually removed engine and replaced with small blocks... There has been a couple around that have claimed to be the "real deal" but they had V8's in them.. How would one tell if it was a real Yenko or just a V8 vega with a stripe kit on it? Is it just as rare and valuable one that has been converted to an original one.. Other than a Vin verification....are there any other ways to tell. Have any been verified like this? On the Vin verification, how much % wise information is available on these... or is it like the Motions... you get a maybe letter...On the Motions, from what I understand.. there has not been one motion vega that has been found and Documented. Not one.. and Joel thinks none exist but quite a bit were made. I dont think he has all the records he says he does.. I hear alot of stuff from people with "maybe ' letters.. just curious as to the records available on the Yenkos. Reason I ask all this is I ran into someone with a nice V8 but says it was originally a Yenko vega in its previous life. they have the yenko stripes on it..
Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
there has not been one motion vega that has been found and Documented. Not one.. and Joel thinks none exist but quite a bit were made.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you call this? https://www.yenko.net/features/2000/May2000.htm

Old 07-22-2006, 03:35 AM

There ya go!

I emailed Brad about his car, but he never responed back.
Oh well...
Old 07-24-2006, 10:54 PM

Brads car.... everyone thinks its a Motion, he claims it is.. BUT it has not been documented by Joel.. he has not asked him to verify it.. in fact, there has been NO verified motion vegas. as far as we know, none exist and that car could be a clone.