PDA

View Full Version : 74 Z28 stuff

olredalert
04-08-2006, 06:35 PM
-----These arent the highest demand pieces but thought maybe someone on the board could use them before I E-bay the stuff.

-----Complete 1974 Z28 induction set-up. Came off a 30,000 mile extremely clean, unmodified car about 6-7 years ago. Been on a shelf in my garage ever since. Could this stuff also be right for a 73 Z28, other than dates???
-----1. Cast iron intake. good condition, just dusty with a few gas stains, etc.
-----2. Quadrajet, clean just dusty. Probably need a quick going thru from sitting. Throttle linkage bracket still on carb.
-----3. Air-cleaner. Mint with exception of the lid neading a re-chroming. Valve-cover tube and AC element still intact. even has carb gasket.
-----4. Original fuel-pump and correct fuel-line.
-----5. Original power-brake hose and hard line with the two spring clips
-----6. Original 74 aluminum valve-covers. These have been polished and clearcoated. A couple of small areas of corrosion have crept thru the clear-coating. Have original bolts for these as well as all the spark-plug looms that the car had.
-----Numbers 1 thru 5 should sell as a unit. Asking $500.00.
May separate if no interest is shown in the package.
-----Valve-covers, looms, and bolts. Asking $150.00.
-----Will knock off some bucks for all, and want to give a portion back to the website for the opportunity. Theres some weight here so think about shipping problems. 810-326-0490.........Bill S

Rick H
04-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks, Bill.

Rick H.

olredalert
04-08-2006, 11:13 PM
------Valve covers and hardware for same sold. Thanks Rick H.........Bill S

olredalert
04-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Rick,,,,,Call me, please....Bill S

CamarosRus
04-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Bill, I'm interested in buying ALL the fuel system, to retrofit a 73 L-65 2bbl into a 4bbl set-up, if Rick H thinks, its a justifiable action. This 73 Currently has charcoal cannister with misc hoses. Does your 74 stuff have a cannister and/or hoses.......
Comments, please ???????????

CamarosRus
04-09-2006, 01:13 AM
.........also Bill, can you send pictures of misc stuff

Thanks,

Rick H
04-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Chuck,
That would be a great move to upgrade the 73. You should be able to use the same hoses and cannister. You might have to add a hose and a couple of tee fittings.
The 73 and 74 were basically the same motor. Cam was the same, distributor was the same (changed to HEI in middle of 74), exhaust manifolds were the same. The heads had different part numbers but had the same size combustion chambers.
Buy the complete induction system and wakeup the little L-65.

Go for it.

Rick H.

Seattle Sam
04-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I know a guy here in Seattle restoring a 74 Z. Please gimme a day to see what he needs..
Thanks,
-Sam

CamarosRus
04-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Seattle Sam, In the interest of friendship, I would relinquish my wanting to buy these misc parts, IF your 74 Z-28 guy actually needs them. If not needed, please communicate so, and I'll call Bill ASAP about buying them myself.
FYI, I have been working day and night since I returned from a poor(for me) Portland,OR swap meet!!!!!!!

olredalert
04-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Chuck and Sam,

-------Thanks for the interest. I dont have and never did have the car. I just bought the most complete engine you ever saw back about three years ago and forgot all about this stuff. As such, I have no cannister. Sorry about that part. I did just notice that the original PCV hose and PCV are still plugged onto the carb. Kind of cool! Hope to talk to one of you soon as I would rather not list this stuff. As for the pics, I can take a few, but there is nothing there you havent seen before.........Bill S

Seattle Sam
04-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Chuck,
Thanks and it is certainly appreciated! I called my friend and he needs the stuff Bill has. He should be contacting Bill shortly, I thank you again for giving him a shot at this stuff!

I gotta believe it is next to impossible to find parts for 1974 Zee's...

Bill you should hear from Mark in the near future!
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/youguysrock.gif
-Sam

PS Found nothing at the swap meet, I did see a Cortez Silver 70 Van Nuys Z that had already sold for $25,5, but I did not see under the hood.

olredalert
04-17-2006, 07:01 PM
-------Carb with original PCV, line and clip, as well as fuel pump and line, and cast intake with waterneck, dist. clamp and valve will go on E-bay this week. Oh,,,also the air cleaner. Carb numbers are 7044209 DH,,, 1014 date. Fuel pump and carb ,for that matter appear to be in excellent condition. Anodizing still good on pump........Bill S