PDA

View Full Version : Midwest regional manager for GM, phone #??

notstock71
02-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Does anyone know the phone number or a number to someone at Chevrolet who can help me out with a problem? I bought a new 08 Silverado Crew Cab on New Years Eve. I paid for the protection plan (paint, Scotch Guard, rustproof and undercoating). I had the plan done a few weeks ago at the dealers contracted company. It was a week later before the streets cleared up and I washed the truck real good. I got underneath and found maybe 1/2 the undercarriage was undercoated and it was falling off already. I check more and pulled the body plugs, no rustproof. I started dripping water on the interior and it soaks right in, no Scotch Guard.

I went to the dealer and made my feelings known. They call the manager to come to the dealer and I showed him what was going on. I tell everyone involved I do not want the truck to go back to them, I want to go to Ming. They basically beg for a second chance to redo it. Against my better judgement I let them. They redid it a few days ago and I just got time to go over it.

There is no rustproofing in the tailgate. There is a few globs in the front of the hood to give the appearance it is done. I pull the plugs in the doors and rockers. Same thing. They sprayed right in a few holes but looking down the rockers with a pen light it is very clear they are still not done. The undercoating is falling off again and they didn't even retouch where it fell of the first time.

I realize I can go back to the dealer again but with the excuses that were attempted by the manager of the company that did the plan and the dealers excuses I am fed up. I think what burns me the most is I paid for a service and it wasn't done, they said it was, but it wasn't. I'm not the smartest guy but this seems like pretty clear cut fraud. Then to top it off I go back and specifically tell them what I expect (I did this work for six years) and they still try and half ass it.

I apologize for a very long rant but I wanted to try and clearly explain what happened and why I want a regional managers number. The dealer is saying no, they already paid this guy to do the work so it has to go to him. All I want, as I did the first time I took it back, is to have the truck go to a reputable company for the work.

Can anyone help me out???
Thank you in advance.
Lewis

bad1racing
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Lewis,I work at a GM dealership.Your best bet is to call the 1-800 number in the back of your owners manual.Every time someone calls that number the dealership is charged $75.00.It makes them accountable if you can't get anywhere the other way.You don't have unreasonable requests you just want the job done right as any paying customer would.
Good luck.
Kendall http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

mockingbird812
02-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Check your lemon laws in your state. Knowledge is power http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif . Not sure this would apply for the work provided to your vehicle but they have 2 strikes already. One more and...... http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

notstock71
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am still in disbelief that they tried to cut corners a 2nd time. I really am not trying to make a big deal out of this but it is very frustrating. All I want is a quality job of what I paid for, nothing more and nothing less. The scary thing is how many people, especially non car enthusiasts, would have just assumed they got what they paid for.

I'll call that number now and see what happens.

Thanks again for the advice and if anyone has any more please let me know.
Lewis

PeteLeathersac
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Lewis,
Good luck with everything and please understand I'm not suggesting you don't pursue the avenues you are, but having worked at the both dealerships and independent rustproofing companies want you to know and keep this in mind as you go.. Rustproofing, interior and paint protection products purchased at the dealership level also most independents have become more so just additional options or services to sell than concerns for the materials used, any application process or long term product success..
Whether done in house at a dealership or contracted out to an independent, what products are used or the thoroughness of any application process means nothing to a dealer who's only concern is the bottom line net cost verses the amount he can sell it for...especially when the warranty is carried by someone else!.
If you want product sucess more than a piece of paper warranty, paint and interior protection products can purchased and applied with more care and concern on your own...and should always done before the rustproofing process!.
For real rustproofing, it's best to find someone who has the equipment and applies aviation developed products like Boeshield or ACF50's automotive variant 'RustCheck'..
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
~ Pete

notstock71
02-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Pete,
Thank you for your advice and opinions. I agree with your theory "if you want it done right do it yourself". I also did these packages for a dealer but tried to treat each car as if it was my own. My wife says I am obsessive compulsive. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif If it was just an issue of a few touch ups I would say no big deal and I would do it. The fact the stuff is falling off after no more than a few weeks seems like it was a total waste of money. Throw in the fact they did not even rustproof anything (tailgate, doors, rockers or hood)and it leaves me dumbfounded. I know all they care about is the bottom dollar and profit margin. I think something is really wrong when you are sold a service, charged for a service and the service is not done completely and what is done is "faulty".

I am regretting buying the plan from them. I knew I could get a quality job from Ming or Ziebart for the same money but I said heck with it and bought it from the dealer when I got the truck. Mistake #1, follow your gut instinct.