Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 AM

Default Re: 2 Yenkos and a ZL-1 at B-J

Wow NJSteve, your photo brings back alot of good memories.

That picture must be at the Moroso plant in Guilford?? One of the better CT muscle car shows in the late 80's. I remember most of the cars in that picture, and have pictures of them too. I still see the 68 Bird in the picture "Highway Star" every once in awhile. I believe the Pacer had a big block in it.

I believe your correct on the owners name. If I remember correctly the husband later paint the 69 Camaro yellow and called it Top Bannana.

At the time, I had a 69 TA & 68 Firebird that I would bring to that show.

-Rick
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,419 Times in 765 Posts

Good memory Rick!

The club used to have their summer show every year at the Moroso plant in Guilford, CT. The photo was actually taken at the Armstrong Rubber Headquarters at Long Wharf in New Haven. I think we all attended a show there at the time.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Had a member email me and mention that the Silver Deuce for sale at B/J may be the same one talked about in this thread. Does anyone on here know for sure?

Silver Deuce
Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 PM

If this car is a green ,auto,black vinyl roof and power steering? The vin # is 615704.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had a member email me and mention that the Silver Deuce for sale at B/J may be the same one talked about in this thread. Does anyone on here know for sure?

Silver Deuce

[/ QUOTE ]

..so is this the same car?? how can BJ advertise this car and the green ZL-1 with these "known" issues without disclosing??

Whats this ZL-1 actually worth?? Isnt the seller just gonna have problems when the winning bidder at BJ finds out "after the fact" about the car..(assuming there will still be those uninformed bidders)...

the car only bid to 315 last auction, so I assume the bidders knew it had these issues or it would have bid higher??

.....and still bid 315?? WOW!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:59 PM

Another member has alerted me to the fact that the Green Yenko Camaro may be a rebody as well. Anyone got info on that car?

The Preston/Lawrence racecar is a neat piece, and one we almost owned. When at Cliff's looking to buy a Yenko Camaro from him, I narrwoed it down to the one we bought and that car. Of course at the time, no one knew is was the P/L racecar.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:48 PM

The last comment is the reason I was trying to clarify if the RG Yenko was the Friedley car. I was not able to see the VIN to see if it is this car, but if it is......
Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 AM

A silver ZL1 sold at BJ's a few years ago and the sign had rebody on it and a buyer bought it. I had to tell him after he kept telling me he had one of the Best ZL1's. After hearing this quite a few times. I laid the bomb on him and explained to him what a rebody is. He said he had experts working for him and they didnt notice the sign.
Some people dont have a problem with rebodies. Some people dont know what a REBODY means. I dont call a rebody when panels have been replaced. But when you take VIN Tags and #'s from another car to put on another car. REBODY !!
I had people still tell me that the car is still worth a lot of money. I disagree !! I wont sell one of those if I am aware of its history..
Example: A real ZL1 rolls over on the track,catches fire, everybody panel is shot. A sixbanger Camaro sitting next to it and you put ALL the tags and #'s on this car. Now its worth something ?? People I have met said Yes. I disagree !
Cars that have a lot of panel replacement but still have the #'s and tags: I call them bast^&d cars, they are worth REAL money but not the same as a original bodypanel cars.

Silver Deuce
Green ZL1
FG Yenko

Just my 5 cents !!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 AM

[Quote]
the car only bid to 315 last auction, so I assume the bidders knew it had these issues or it would have bid higher??

HOW REAL WAS THAT BID ???????
Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A silver ZL1 sold at BJ's a few years ago and the sign had rebody on it and a buyer bought it. I had to tell him after he kept telling me he had one of the Best ZL1's. After hearing this quite a few times. I laid the bomb on him and explained to him what a rebody is. He said he had experts working for him and they didnt notice the sign.
Some people dont have a problem with rebodies. Some people dont know what a REBODY means. I dont call a rebody when panels have been replaced. But when you take VIN Tags and #'s from another car to put on another car. REBODY !!
I had people still tell me that the car is still worth a lot of money. I disagree !! I wont sell one of those if I am aware of its history..
Example: A real ZL1 rolls over on the track,catches fire, everybody panel is shot. A sixbanger Camaro sitting next to it and you put ALL the tags and #'s on this car. Now its worth something ?? People I have met said Yes. I disagree !
Cars that have a lot of panel replacement but still have the #'s and tags: I call them bast^&d cars, they are worth REAL money but not the same as a original bodypanel cars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well put!
Peter