Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 AM

Default Crappy seller's on craigslist!!

Im looking for a 1st gen F-body , I found a '68 camaro for sale on craigslist this monday morning , I emailed and then got a Call from the seller monday night , He sounded like a little kid , But gave me a rundown on the car & It sounded like A Good Deal - We spoke for about an hour and I asked when can i Come down to basically BUY the car , He said Come down Wendsday.... I then told the seller - Im gonna Rent a Car Hauler , Take off Work and Drive An hour and a half there to Buy it - He Gave me his word , That I would get 1st Dib's on camaro ... It was all CRAP!!! - the coward, emails me , A few minutes ago !! & says The Car Has Been SOLD !!! WTF - Does any one Stand By There WORD anymore ??? I made all The arrangements already , Im very Pissed off!!!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Crappy seller's on craigslist!!

Was tis the one in Falls Rough KY???
Larry
Old 03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

At least he emailed you to let you know. I agree, he shouldn't have given you first right of refusal if he didn't plan to honor it.

Jason
Old 03-03-2010, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does any one Stand By There WORD anymore ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, in most cases, the answer is no. I won't fill up your thread with my stories, but I have had several instances of the same thing in the last couple of years.

I have said several times that common sense and common courtesy should be renamed, because they really are NOT very COMMON anymore. Sorry for your experience.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

To be honest..... I place a lot of ads on Craigslist.... and I always get the guy who "will be over at [insert date here] with cash and trailer. Well after a few no shows and time wasters.... my new policy is first one here with the cash wins, although I am up front with that policy now.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM

I know a Lot of people B.S - especially when its comes to money and Cars .. The kid selling the Camaro - Talked my Ear Off for an Hour - Then We Both agreed on the Time& Day For me to go Get the car - The price was So Rite- That I told him,Im coming down , Renting a Trailer, Taking off Work to BUY car - He knew I was Serious- He gave "HIS" word that The CAR was mine and then pulled a Punk move And Sold it that same day he agreed that it was Mine - He didnt have enough BALL's to call me & tell me - He waited TWO days - Then emailed me- Its AGGRAVATING!!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 PM

I think Craigslist has gotten much worse than ebay; at least on ebay there's some accountability. I had one guy in Tampa string me along for over a month on a '66 Caprice while he was up north; numerous phone calls and e-mails, finally sent photos and I told him I definately wanted the car and would have to drive down to get it from the panhandle. A day later he sends me two e-mails within the space of an hour while I'm at work and don't have access to e-mail -- no phone call, mind you -- telling me that I'd "better move quick" and then sold it out from under me. Awesome.