Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 AM

Default Re: can -am aluminum engine

I haven't called the owner yet , got his # from his friend that is storing this , he talked to him and wouldn't give a price , said he has another block that is NOS and a set of pistons ,says he is particular who gets this ,there is an extra crankshaft in the box on top of the engine and 5 sets of the red head gaskets, and a box of 6 aluminum sleeves and supposedily the block needs a sleeve ,if i only had the money.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:47 AM

I found this thread interesting, as I just ran across one of the 399204 blocks. Needs some repair, but isn't often you run into these kinds of things.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLOWNALKYCAMARO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when i was looking this engine over i noticed stamped on the front of the drivers side head is DIAMOND RACING ENGINES ,seems to me i recall seeing zl1 pictures with that on the cars. Anyone know anything about them? Can some one tell me how to post pictures or can i send them to someone and have them post them,thank you </div></div>

My understanding is that Bill King Engine Service had the contract to build the Can Am engines for Chapparal. Bill King sent the engines to Diamond Racing Engines for Dyno work and I believe CJ Batten did the head work. According to the original owner of my LS7 Corvette, purchased at Dexter Chevrolet in Detroit, the 454 in my car followed the exact same route before it got between the fenders.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Actually, I have to correct myself - Diamond had the contract, Bill King did the short block assembly, machining work.