Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-23-2016, 04:40 PM

Default Re: yenko tribute

great pics of the interior....appreciated!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This would be considered a pretty standard interior for a 68 Yenko. Photo credit to Fast Freddie and Stephano. </div></div>
Old 12-23-2016, 04:42 PM

pics are worth 1,000 words (but dont ALWAYS tell the whole truth ! thanks again)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This would be considered a pretty standard interior for a 68 Yenko. Photo credit to Fast Freddie and Stephano. </div></div>
Old 12-23-2016, 04:51 PM

the idea behind my tribute is exactly that--- to pay tribute to Don Yenko and his foresight to do things his way and keep his legacy alive. i hope folks wont think i am trying to &quot;pull the wool over anyone's eyes&quot;.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM

As long as you disclose exactly what you have there shouldn't be any issue. You get these people that know they have a clone and do not tell anyone and it leaves people to do the investigating and someone always ends up looking like a fool because they didn't know what they bought. Just be forthcoming and you should be good. There are some really smart guys here on this page. I learn something new everyday. I have a 68 at my disposal if I can help at all.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:30 PM

i had a 68 back in the early 90's and regrettably let it go.
i finally picked another one up two years ago and its been in the shop since last february. 43K original miles on it. i am going through the entire car. all new sheet metal ---roof panel (cause some yahoo cut a sunroof into it), rear quarters, a fender, floor panels, wheel tubs in the back.
i have the original powerglide tranny and 327, which i will hold onto, but am dropping in a new 427.
i will be recovering the seats and new carpet. island teal paint with white striping. and.....i'm broke!

if i get stuck on anything, i will surely hit you up...
thanks. merry christmas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craig_Maiorana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as you disclose exactly what you have there shouldn't be any issue. You get these people that know they have a clone and do not tell anyone and it leaves people to do the investigating and someone always ends up looking like a fool because they didn't know what they bought. Just be forthcoming and you should be good. There are some really smart guys here on this page. I learn something new everyday. I have a 68 at my disposal if I can help at all. </div></div>
Old 12-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,884 Times in 763 Posts

Of course you could put a 396 or 454 block in a '68 Yenko clone and I doubt anyone would be looking at the casting number. It would probably be way less expensive than a correct 1968 427 block.