Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 PM

Default 68 Yenko Badging

i need all the info that i can get on Yenko badging for my 68 camaro.....
where should i buy the badges and templates to place the badges in their correct location etc...as well as the stencil for the striping? any suggestions??

derek
Old 02-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,015 Posts
Default Re: 68 Yenko Badging

I think Classic Industries sell the emblems you need.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,176 Posts

Yes,I bought mine from them and ended up selling them for half off their original purchased price on here 3 years ago.
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthrea...epro#Post582565
Old 02-08-2017, 09:02 PM

Thanks, Charley. i decided to make my car a yenko tribute after i watched the muscle car of the week video you were interviewed in. making it the same color as well. the videp clip also led me to join this website!

its been being restored since last february...hope to have it back by the end of the summer. i will post pics !

derek--rhode island
Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 PM

i will check them out. thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 12:38 PM

I'm always curious why people want clones and don't build something nice without badging it and calling it something it's not? Serious question.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 02-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,491 Times in 611 Posts

Because they either cant find what they want or do not have the funds to afford a real car... Serious answer.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because they either cant find what they want or do not have the funds to afford a real car... Serious answer. </div></div>
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] I know that part of the answer... I'm talking about the rest of it. There's a lot of things I can't find or don't have the funds to afford. I don't mean to diminish anybody's car because I know most have worked very hard on them or put out a lot of cash for. If I wasn't lucky enough to have an X66, I just don't think I'd get a warm and fuzzy knowing that what I'm driving isn't what I'm advertising it to be. I'd build something similar if that's what I wanted, but I wouldn't badge it as something it's not. I guess I just liken it to guys running around with uniforms that didn't earn them. Be proud of who you are and what you have and don't try to be something you're not. As with everything, that's JMO and I was curious what others thought that are doing it. I'm not trying to cast stones.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 02-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,491 Times in 611 Posts

Only issue I have with people that have clones, fakes or whatever is if they advertise them as real.. If you have a fake then call it what it is.. You also have this scenario; for instance; wearing your favorite sports team jersey or apparel.. They probably didnt play for the team but they are fans of it.. Several different ways to look at things.. Its not always one sided..

However you wanna look at it people are gonna do what they want as they are the current owner of the car.. It is up to the next guy to decide what is real and whats not..

Im also not trying to argue or be difficult just trying to give other possibilities or scenarios as to why people may do what they do..
Old 02-09-2017, 01:49 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only issue I have with people that have clones, fakes or whatever is if they advertise them as real.. If you have a fake then call it what it is.. You also have this scenario; for instance; wearing your favorite sports team jersey or apparel.. They probably didnt play for the team but they are fans of it.. Several different ways to look at things.. Its not always one sided..

However you wanna look at it people are gonna do what they want as they are the current owner of the car.. It is up to the next guy to decide what is real and whats not..

Im also not trying to argue or be difficult just trying to give other possibilities or scenarios as to why people may do what they do.. </div></div>
No worries. That's why I asked. To see the different opinions.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66