Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Supercar Reunion

Old 09-06-2001, 02:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Supercar reunion pics

"42" appears to be the official number of registered supercars. 1-'67 Gibb Z racecar, 2-67 Nickey Camaros, 1-'68 Yenko Camaro, 3 '68 Gibb/Harrell Novas, 1-'68 Harrell Chevelle, 14-'69 Yenko Camaros, 3-'69 Yenko Chevelles, 2 '69 COPO Camaros, 1 COPO Chevelle, 5 ZL-1 Camaros, 3-70 Yenko Deuces, 1-Gibb LS-6 Chevelle, 1-'70 COPO Camaro, 3 Baldwin-Motion Vettes, 1-'81 Yenko Turo Z Camaro. Plus, an awesome display of Yenko, Gibb, Harrell and other supercar related memorabilia. Tom

[Edited by sYc (09-06-2001 at 09:39 AM).]
Old 09-07-2001, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Supercar reunion pics

My above post mentions Gary H., I think we were talking to Mark Hassett, while we were in the staging lanes. Sorry for the error, I met too many people last weekend and my memory is starting to go. At the last Fred Gibb Reunion, 8/4/01, I gave Herb a copy of the April '69 SSD&I (Super Stock Drag Illustated), with the article about the Winternationals and his beating Ronnie Sox. Herb is such a modest fellow, that when I asked him what happened the first time out racing the ZL1, the first thing that seemed to come to his mind, was that he backed it off the trailer, and hung up the front wheel before it was off! I reminded him he also happened to beat Ronnie Sox during that episode at the track.

I think this is also the race (the first) that Paul Pryor had to fly directly to the racetrack from Detroit, to deliver the correct carb. before the tech inspectors would allow them to race.

It was great to see the ZL1's and Yenko's and COPO's, and the Gibb LS6 convertible at the track. I know how much effort, time, and expense it has taken the owners to prepare their cars. I thought I might have been a bit out of line wanting to take my car out, but now realize that the track is the only place for her, when considering future shows to attend. My hat's off to Tom and Rob and the others for allowing track time as part of the reunion.

By the way, if any Gibb car owners did not received a Cordova World Series pit pass from 1968, please give me an e-mail. These were from Herb's first Top Stock Eliminator win at the World Series of Drag Racing, after several attempts, with his previous racecars.