Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-11-2002, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 1969 Douglass Yenkos

you sure with all thats went on about it that it wouldn't be a Yanka$$?????? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,180 Posts

CharleyI prefer the term,Yenklass. No disrespect intended.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:10 AM

And I thought Charlie was changing the oil on his water truck all this time.....
Old 10-12-2002, 12:59 AM

Any one care to guess who this is, and what car it is.
Attached Images

69 L78 Nova
69 L34 Nova
67 SS Chevelle
73 Trans Am
Old 10-12-2002, 01:37 AM

That is a cool looking Fiero in the background, too bad that asterisk car is in the way, and that chubby guy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 02:22 AM

Yeah, thats him alright, but where is his trademark cigar????? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 05:23 AM
SCR Sponsor

Certificate of Authenticity

This Certificate will serve to verify the subject vehicle as a genuine, Jack Douglass Chevrolet sold, Yenko Camaro.

As owner of Jack Douglass Chevrolet in Hinsdale, IL. I was personally involved in the ordering, and sale of, all high performance Yenko equipped cars. As the authorized agent for all Yenko Sportscars in Chicagoland, I discovered that these COPO 427 equiped cars could be ordered directly from Chevrolet. From that point on, I ordered approximately twenty five COPO Camaros direct,and,with Don Yenko's authorization and approval, installed official stripe and emblem packages provided by Yenko.

These Yenko Modifications were applied immediately upon arrival of the cars at my dealership. Pursuant to my agreement with Don Yenko, these cars were sold to our customers as genuine Yenko Camaros.

I have inspected the subject car, and,based on its date of delivery to my dealership as well as supporting documentation, I verify that this is one of the cars sold under this agreement with Don Yenko of Yenko Chevrolet.

Signed: Jack L. Douglass, witnesssed and notarized.

This is the certificate Jack provided prior to this thread ever having been started and has provided similar letters for many years prior to this web site ever having been established, back when only two of these rare cars were known to exist.

The Ed Cuneen Copo Connection certificate is the same as any other Yenko Vehicle Verification certificate with Jack Douglass stated as the dealer of record.

Many have sent private e-mails as to how we know the color break down and the number of Camaros. Jack Presented a simple formula; there were 6 Yenko Colors available for the camaros so he ordered four in each of these colors initially. That would be twenty four. His General Manager, Tom Dumass always drove a black Demo and added one black one to the order. It was also Tom who realized that the order could be changed to vary the available color options.He discussed this with Jack and spread out the other color combos other than Hugger Orange and Daytona Yellow.
Old 10-12-2002, 02:47 PM

Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,023 Posts

That Certificate would be enough for me to feel comfortable if I were purchasing the car.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:50 PM

I agree...I think you will find that like with any "collectable", ... people who identify with a particular item from their heritage and location they grew up in may put more value on items that came from their hometowns...a "Douglas/Yenko" may be more valuable to a person that grew up near "Douglas Chevrolet" ...and likewise, a "Yenko/Yenko" may be more valuable to someone that grew up near "Yenko Chevrolet". ...But I am confused on one thing... If my car was ordered thru the Yenko dealership, sent there, had stripes and hurst dual-gate shifter installed, then was sent to Yunker Chevrolet in Wisc. and sat there till Oct. 1969 and Yenko bought it back, returned to Yenko Chevrolet and sold to the original owner in Pa.,... then would it be a
..."Yenko/Yunker/Yenko"? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 10:33 PM

Is that Betty White next to that beautiful dover white Douglass Yenko? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I can't tell with that hat on her head. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]