Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-02-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Re: A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

[ QUOTE ]
Did no one notice that not only was the United States flag below the Mexican flag, it was also upside-down, which is always a distress signal? .....

... Why the INS even exists is a complete mystery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Andy, I did notice that! That's why I started to rant. I'm sick of it all.
We are in distress, but not for the reasons they think...

The INS exists for the shere fact that almost all other
Gov't agencies exist - TO TAKE OUR HARD EARNED MONEY !
They do less and less, but take more and more.

Hey Steve, this is your friendly Gov't agency calling ( you fill in the one - doesn't matter ).
You have money right? Now, where'd I leave my M-16?

Can you imagine the audacity of these illegals to attack
our flag ( upside-down ) and even worse put their flag
above ours? What's wrong with the picture is that it's
positive proof that immigration isn't assimilation any more.
TR was right. Now, where'd he leave that BIG STICK?

I think the picture indicates the need for some serious a$$-woopin.

I hope we all wake up in time.....

Steve
Old 04-02-2006, 04:44 AM

I was not going to say anything but the more I see that picture of our flag upside down UNDER the other flag, the more it just pi$$$$ me off. To be truthful I feel that it would have been better not to have posted it in the first place but that is what our country is about, right? Free speech. Well most of the time.

Two clear violations of the Flag Code shown in that picture.

1. "When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak."

2. "The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal."

While we are at it, here is another flag code..

"The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

Well, guess who is signing this flag???

Absolutely pathetic!

Rick H.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 AM

Rick,

This guy can sign it anytime. At least he's a citizen...

And, his heart is in the right place. Isn't that what matters?

Steve
Old 04-02-2006, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick,

This guy can sign it anytime. At least he's a citizen...

And, his heart is in the right place. Isn't that what matters?

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Just like you and I, he has no right to sign it it all. This man is suppose to set the example and if his heart was in it he would know it's wrong to deface our flag.

Rick H.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This photo is meant to piss us off. Images such as this one are also meant to keep us fighting (among ourselves) about how the flag is displayed/treated/signed/disrespected/etc. What we're not supposed to do is ignore such images and start asking our political representatives difficult, uncomfortable questions about illegal labor and why American business is hopelessly addicted to it and then finding out the truth: politicians on both sides actually have no intention whatsoever of stopping it or even slowing it down.

If this issue even lasts until the midterm elections in November, you can bet it goes away once the elections are over.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the guy who wants to allow all illegal immigrants to stay in the United States and become "guest workers" under an "amnesty" program??? He's protecting us from "terror" but not from losing our jobs to foreign workers. No outrage over that huh?

He can sign all the flags he wants to, especially Mexican flags that those "guest workers" will be holding!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:43 AM

I put a lot of the blame for all the illegal workers on the companies that hire them. If the government fined these companies $10,000 for every illegal they would stop hiring them. If the illegals can't get jobs here, they will stop coming.
James
Old 04-02-2006, 07:09 AM

In Fairfax VA, some people started photographing the work trucks that were stopping to pick-up the local illegals as they waited in a parking lot.
Pretty soon the trucks stopped coming in the morning because the people taking the photos were threatening to send them (including their tag numbers) to the INS and the IRS.

In my town there are anywhere from 30-60 immigrants, all Mexican, waiting in a shopping mall parking lot 7 days per week. The cops sit there and watch all morning.

So, there are police officers being paid to monitor them. And now the town is paying an interpreter to sit there as well.
Then there are the court records published weekly and the births recorded -- every week the scale seems to tilt on the side of Hispanic names. Stabbings, DUIs, driving without license, no insurance, domestic abuse, theft, drugs arrests, shoplifting...it goes on and on. This used to be a quaint little town.

Check this out:
www.thewakeupamericafoundation.com
Old 04-02-2006, 07:12 AM

I keep hearing that it is physically impossible to deport 11 to however many million illegal immigrants. I'm just a dumb-ass redneck, but wouldn't requiring green cards to be displayed, upon EXITING their 500,000 strong, demonstrations be a good start? As a single family homebuilder for the last 20 years, I have purposely refused to hire cheap illegal immigrant labor. For my troubles I have lost 75% of my business over the past 5 years, as most of my competitors have just looked the other way, and gone with the cheap labor. One more fact to take note of; they are not just filling jobs in the unskilled labor arena. Many of these guys are showing up as carpenters, electricians, dry-wallers, plumbers, ect. ect. If this trend continues, you can draw your own conclusions. 25 years ago, this topic was no big deal, as ranchers along the Rio Grande, lost the use of their legally owned property, to hordes of smugglers and job seekers. We need to get a handle on the border now!
LEGAL IMMIGRATION followed immediately by ASSIMILATION.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:08 PM

If anny [censored] politician who looks at the picture of the Mexican flag on top of ours does NOT get pissed off he should be sent back with the illegal people. It's time for this country to take a stand. I like what Teddy Roosevelt said. I'm married and have children with a Mexican American woman...and she agrees. Her mother came across the border illegally back in the early 50's. She came here to make a better life for her kids. And STAYED here and became a citizen. She did not go back and did not send all her money back there either. These people are USING this country. It is NOT their country. They will never really consider it THEIR country. Put up the damn fence....make people come here the way they are supposed to.