Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

[ QUOTE ]

Another interesting tidbit was that if Bush passes this law 10-22 MILLION new people will be eligible for healthcare. Think of the welfare increase as well. Just who the (fill in the word of your choice) do you think will pay for that? Yep. WE WILL!

Ahhhh, makes you want to hmmmm!

Rick H.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think anyone that wants to become a citizen should have to serve 6 years in the military first with the first 2 years extensive english courses and the last 4 on the front lines. If you want to live here and suck up the Bennies you should put your life on the line for at least 4 years to earn it. Lets see if there willing to die for there new country like a real American.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:54 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

im a superintendant for a union drywall, tape and paint company. 100% of my drywallers and tapers are mexican.99% of my painters are white. i know that all my hangers and tapers are legal, the union makes sure of that. they pretty much cater to these guys because they know that they only stay in this country for about 7-10 years and then go back to mexico, leaving behind all the money they put into their retirement funds fattening up the union officials retirements. thats why the laborers and carpenters unions are the highest in the country for retirement funds !!! its pretty sad when people say that mexicans are cheap labor but that is not the case for a union company. a journeyman hanger makes 33.32 an hour. then add roughly 10-15 for benefits and another 5-7 in workmans comp. so wheres the cheap labor ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the operative term regarding cheap labor is, illegal. I would make a gentleman's bet, that you probably have a few men also, who are not legal?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets see if there willing to die for there new country like a real American.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet you 10:1 they would leave like rats scrambling off a sinking ship.

Rick H.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:30 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
And you wonder why union projects cost so much, $60.00 gross to hang drywall is a little steep dont you think? How many boards per man per hour get hung? In the real world you get paid per board not the hour,

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100% thats steep. that is why we cant compete with the non union companies. i would love to pay per sheet hung.your average 2000 sq ft house is about 260 sheets. and i think they get about 7 bucks a sheet to hang it.thats about $1800 vs about $3900. how can we compete with that ? and as far as us having illegals working, who knows these days. they probably all share the same info anyway. but how does one get a drivers license and alien card and social security card without going thru proper channels. they cant be in the union without any of those things.we must submit them at time of hire.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:14 AM

Today I got a phone call that would put me over the top for the next 3-4 months, meaning that I can no loner complete all the work that is coming in. I enjoy keeping it simple and working alone as a craftsman.
Now it looks like I'm going to need a carpenter, a helper and a paint foreman and 2 workers/trainees.
(I'm not complaining!)

So I ran an ad for help; "must speak English, must be legal, must have driver's license and vehicle."

I made it clear that I don't and won't hire illegals or those who chose not to speak English.

If every contractor, landscaper and factory owner demanded at least a green card, none of this would be happening.

BTW: I can make a nice profit with good American help and I can help fellow Americans put food on their table. Will I hire a Mexican, Cuban or other immigrant? Sure, as long as they're legal and are learning English. They'll be paid the same as the other employees too.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but how does one get a drivers license and alien card and social security card without going thru proper channels. they cant be in the union without any of those things.we must submit them at time of hire.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those are easy...and they all have them, legal/illegal or otherwise...we've shipped a few unfortunate illegals home to Mexico here in the last couple of years, and they all had a smorgasborg of ID paperwork...but none of it was government issued.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:28 PM

Thanked 1,753 Times in 510 Posts

If you can get fake buildsheets, protecto plates, window stickers, VIN stamps, etc.....then personal ID's are no big deal. Same motivation though, MONEY! Sad, isn't it??

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 04-08-2006, 07:30 AM

I used to be a open minded guy even when I was bus'd in the 70's, Seattles bright idea was to bus all the white kids to the other end of town and vice versa for them...well that didnt make anyone love the other guy anymore,...and you guys have pretty much coverd all the issues to a T...I have found that basically I am so p'd off about it all I act basically like a red kneck, oh well...the thing that really fries me the most, is we now have to conform to help them get around the systems...delete option number 2 please!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have found that basically I am so p'd off about it all I act basically like a red kneck,

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that the same as a Red Neck? Git R Done!... Nowadays the African American population is more racist than the whites. How about the BET network? How about the NAACP? they would be up in arms over a WET network or NAAWP and there are others, Ebony Magazine, Soul Train, ect.. If they would let it go it would probably end..The old racist generations of the 50's and 60's are so feeble they probably dont remember anyway. Maybe I live in a non racist area and dont understand but I do understand illegal Immigrants and most are Mexicans and it has to be dealt with. Im done ranting, if you want to read this again press 1 for english...