Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-08-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 60 Minutes segment-Return of the Camaro

Hello, this is my first post and I love the site.

A few weeks ago, Autoweek reported that GM has approved the Camaro and a new Retro GTO that will be built on the new version of the Holden platform that the current GTO is built on. The article reports that Holden will handle the engineering of the cars, but they are scheduled to be built in North America. It was also reported that this platform will be the basis of the next Impala and Monte Carlo(Chevelle?)plus a new Buick sedan.

I saw the 60 Minutes report, did you see the peek at the new Caddy? Interesting shape.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The big thing that was not discussed during the Wagner interview and has not been mentioned so far in the above responses is the future cost of fuel. I think that by the end of this year , after the November elections, fuel ( including gasoline, diesel and natural gas ) will be up by 20 percent from todays prices. In three to four years up by about 40-50 percent. We will be in a fuel crisis. The Big 3 will be seroiuly injured. Anybody that has a business that uses a lot of fuel will be seriously injured also. Shame is our leaders in Wasington are doing nothing about this. I think diesel needs to have some kind of price controls. Almost everything we use and consume gets to us on diesel truck.

[/ QUOTE ] I completly agree nicely said
Old 04-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Jayme welcome aboard.
Yes I saw the peek of the Caddy front grill. I thought it looked good.
GM is planning on using the dropped cylinder approach ( a la " 8 6 4 " )similar to their horrible failure of about twenty five years ago. The can meet EPA requirements that way.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
Shame is our leaders in Wasington are doing nothing about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, when the oil company execs say "jump," the politicos in D.C. don't even ask "how high?," they just start jumping. Same goes for their fear of having to do anything to restrict illegal immigration. No wonder they went on a 2-week recess. And we elected them.