Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Garnet Red Z28

I also notice that there is no front spoiler. I'm not critisizing here, I'm just wondering if front and rear spoilers were seperate options on a 69, or was there one RPO option code that gave you both if ordered?

1970Camaro Z28
Old 02-19-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also notice that there is no front spoiler. I'm not critisizing here, I'm just wondering if front and rear spoilers were seperate options on a 69, or was there one RPO option code that gave you both if ordered?

[/ QUOTE ]

The D80 option received the front and rear spoilers. If this car was built in May or after, spoilers would be standard.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 PM

It is a sharp car. Just understand that many of us here are pretty picky. Quality of finishes and workmanship are entirely separate from "correctness". From just the one photo above I see that it looks nice under the hood, but there are quite a few details that could be corrected pretty easily: line adapters on the carb lines, neg batt cable wrong and connected wrong, alt wire loom routed wrong, PCV hose clip missing, etc. That kind of stuff can make a difference on the money. Good luck.
Dave

www.Z16Chevelle.com
Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 PM

I like it very much! Is that an extra cooling fan on the front of the radiator? COOL!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob..For a no excuse car it has the wrong color grill, wrong leaf springs, rattle can black brake booster, inside out cowl induction seal, sits like a 4 wheel drive and there are close up pics of the trim tag, carb and seat belt tag but no pic of the engine pad stamping. Decent car but calling it a no excuses car is a bit of a stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all love critiquing someone elses cars, don't we Charley. I myself looked over a Rally Green 69 Z/28 that was sold into Alberta from California a few years ago and found a few things with that one. Even more when I witnessed that "original" engine and "transmission" being torn down. But I guess I won't ignite that flame since that former seller did not load pictures of it here for me to hammer away at.

I wonder if I should look for the pictures of that car since I know I have them here? I guess if someone else coincidentally acquires those pictures and posts them here on SYC, I can flame away at that car regardless of who owned it and how they represented that car and it's sale right Charley?

Just curious about that one since no seller is perfect, and neither are many of these "no excuse" types of cars. Don't forget Charley, not every seller or builder has a thousand point benchmark car sitting in a stable of collector items like we do, and what many would consider a no excuse car to them (and thousands of others) might not be a no excuse car to either of us.

I guess it just pisses me off that each and every time i'm looking at something on this site, there's always someone flaming a seller, a car, an ad, or in this case, just a seller that used the words "No Excuse Car" in an ad. I guess that's what ignites a flame now days, is when someone describes and ad with a few verbs to help attract the buying public. Laughing my ass off at this one! Although not perfect, a nice car Bob. Good luck with the sale of it, and yes,it's nice to see you have thicker skin than some on here. You're OK with me.

Tom...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 AM

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,015 Posts

mister-copo...just what are you trying to say ? Are you referring to a Rally green Z I had a few years ago that I sold in primer ?

I have no idea what you own but I have no "no excuse" cars and I certainly have no 1000 point benchmark cars.
Why does Supersports Z28 have a electric fan in addition to the stock fan ? Cooling problem ? I would like to know the excuse. Oh wait...It's a no excuse car.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:14 AM

And his "no excuses" comment I was referring to was in this thread, not his ad so I don't see it as just auction ad fluff.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why does Supersports Z28 have a electric fan in addition to the stock fan ? Cooling problem ? I would like to know the excuse. Oh wait...It's a no excuse car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charley I have over 30 ASE certified mechanics at my disposal so dont you think if the car had a problem it would be fixed? Please go pick on another car. There is not much at all to pick on this one about!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 AM

"Sure to please the most discriminating buyer and would be the highlight of even the finest collection!!"
Old 02-20-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Sure to please the most discriminating buyer and would be the highlight of even the finest collection!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I said discriminating not ANAL! Its a nice car! No excuses as I said. Unless you wanted to take the fan off and put the correct shifter ball on.