Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 PM

Default A positive note from Wagonman.

Thank you for your PM”S and Emails

With the build of this car I stuck my neck out for all of us in this hobby.
Exposing the practice we are all against!

Now, I have pretty “thick skin” and a very good sense of humor. But it seems as if few of the members on sYc seem to have more or enjoyment on picking on my Z/28 convertible and not focusing on the very controversial issue for which it was made to expose.

The group on sYc is a fraction compared to the actual global family of car enthusiast and we’re all entitled to express are opinions. I respect all of them. Some were harsh and some were funny. But the entire world doesn’t have the amount of knowledge that some of us retain. With the global exposure of my car, disclosing my fake doc’s and engine stamps; I have contributed more for this hobby than most. Collectively, it seems that you” butt heads” with what may be displayed in Hemmings Muscle Machines Magazine. The general consensus here seems to think HMM shall only feature true pedigree cars. But as I said earlier, you’re only a small group.
If you dislike me for what I have done and my Z/28 Convertible or the 1970 Z/28 Nova featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines then we are all entitled to are opinions.

If we were back in time, and I was Paul Revere warning that the British soldiers were coming, would the members of the sYc listen to me, or shoot me? Which brings to mind the phrase” DON’T KILL THE MESSENGER”

My mission is accomplished. I got the word out of what’s going on in this hobby! I “spilled the beans”. So please don’t kill me for doing so…..

I have heard the following saying and it carries a lot of weight

”NO NUMBERS…..NO WORRIES”

I will keep this in mind on my next project.

John Scholz………

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 PM

Default Re: A positive note from Wagonman.

No offence but if you do a search on this website as well as TC, you will find that a few people put their neck out and spilled the beans years ago.

Your car is beautiful. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with building a clone PROVIDED you always declare it as such.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Thanked 2,432 Times in 768 Posts

John,

There's no denying you've built a beautiful car. Enjoy it.

Now here's a real challenge: build a 1970-1/2 Z/28 convertible. Now that's a one-of-none I'd like to see!

-Steve
Old 09-30-2008, 10:30 PM

You have a nice car and I remember seeing it in a mag not to long ago, probably the one you mentioned, HMM. Props to you for building a tribute to a 1 of 1 car and I hope that you enjoy the car. I sure would. If your happy with the car thats all that matters.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I just hope you DRIVE IT like you stole it !!! Is it a trailer queen ????? I have been with Bill W driving across the desert in his 71 Hemi Cuda convert racing to Vegas from Scottsdale..

1st 2nd 3rd and 4th
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

B dubs is a mad man!