Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 01-28-2015, 10:24 PM

Default Blue 72 Camaro with flares in Jersey.

I brought it up here years ago. Back in the early 90's a guy from the Pompton Plains area was selling a blue 72 Motion Camaro for $5500. The car was done at Motion in 1976,for a guy with a Italian sounding name from Paterson New Jersey. The guy had every invoice and paper from Motion from day one. It was mostly original as done by Motion,and just needed minor body work and pant to be really nice. Motion dropped in an LS-6 with a cam,intake 950 carb,fly eye air cleaner etc. They added a TH400,and 4.10 gears to the stock 10 bolt posi. They added big bubble type wheel flares,and I think hurricane style wheels. The interior had a wood rim steering wheel,aftermarket whiter and SW guages. It was all there unmolested. The owner wasn't getting may hits on the car,and he said the next step was to part it out. It was a perfectly good running car with just a few minor cracks in the bodywork for the flares. It was spotless inside and underneath,and the guy just had the engine freshened. If I weren't a broke 19 year old kid I would have owned it. I hope somebody scrapped it up.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-28-2015, 11:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Blue 72 Camaro with flares in Jersey.

Shoulda coulda..I offered him 3500 and he said he had an offer for 3500 for just the engine and he would part it out before he sold it for that price. Two reasons I did not buy the car for his price..first the t-tops that were added scared me back then and second I had just bought my original ZL1 and I was very tight on cash. I suspect car got parted out.. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Funny,I don't remember the t-tops. I guess if the weren't original Motion installed,it would have seemed like a major problem at the time,but by today's standards,that would have been such a small issue. It had excellent documentation,and was real solid and complete. What a shame. Even at $5,500 if somebody had bought it,and held on it they would have made their money back times 10 without lifting a finger. What a shame.
You are so right,woulda shoulda,coulda. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2015, 11:45 AM

This can't even be chalked up to Muscle cars being worthless. I was an 19 year old kid with a copy of a magazine in my bedroom that had the red B/M 70 in it,and that car had already approached 6 figures at a collector car auction,so both I and the seller knew what it was worth. In the guy's defense,he did just spend over 4 grand having the engine freshened and the chassis and engine compartment detailed back to original. He wouldn't be the first guy to say that he would rather drive his Motion car off a cliff than sell it for a low ball price.