Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Old 11-28-2002, 12:37 AM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 486 Posts
Default latest Jim M. Chevy records rumor

He has 68-81 Corvettes nearly done, plans on releasing it first, followed by 63-67, followed by 54-62 Corvettes.
Is it true Jim? Will the Corvette info be released first?
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 40301-EstesWhl.JPG 40300-EstesRR.JPG 40299-EstesRint.JPG 40298-EstesFront.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-28-2002, 01:58 AM

Default Re: latest Jim M. Chevy records rumor

If so...look for some real good deals on 435 horse cars before it gets published !
Old 11-28-2002, 03:47 AM

I heard that Alan Colvin is involved with this project? Anyone know if this is true? He would be one of the best to do the research............RatPack..............

When are the Camaro &amp; Chevelle records going to be released? I bet the restampers of trim tags and POP's will hate for this info to get out to the public.............

Old 11-28-2002, 10:35 AM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 486 Posts

When the Pontiac Historical Service started providing documentation it must have weeded out some fake GTOs and Judges.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:46 PM

It is my understanding that 80% plus of the ram air Pontiacs were proven to be built cars. Z28, SS396 and like models probably will have a big number of clones as well. Body VIN stamping documentation will be a must if you want the big dollar. Even now, it is pretty hard to get a fake past all the guys on this web site. You can fool all of the people some of the time, but, you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Just thought that up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Keith,
This is one of the few times I will have to respectfully disagree with you. There are more faked Big Block Chevelles, Big Block Camaros, Z28s and 1967 435 HP Corvettes than the real thing. Some are very easy to detect and some will shock everyone if and when those numbers are released. Just my humble opinion.

I do however,agree that the number of Fake COPOs, Chevelles and Camaros will be a much lower percentage, and that we will probably find more of these cars that were not known then cars that we thought real turning out fake.

Bob,
I believe the deals on the Clone Big Block 435/400/390 Vetts will get better after the numbers are made available [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] and that the real deal Vettes will go up in value.

Very interesting to see how it pans out.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:39 PM

so you mean a car like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1873668087

wont get by anyone?
Oh wait a min I dont need the papers it has a Norwood VIN and a LOS trim tag got to love the 69 427 in it though wonder what it came out of a Yenko perhaps [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2002, 06:12 PM

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] <font color="red"> [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] </font color>
Old 11-28-2002, 09:50 PM

Stefano, I guess I didn't realize just how big the fake industry is. We are about to find out perhaps. I'm lucky, having bought the one Chevelle new and traced the other back to the original owner through the package you get when you buy a vehicle up here. Having the GM of Canada paperwork helps too. This new info can only ad to the value of the real cars. I'll be looking south for a blue glow in the night sky when the information comes out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2002, 09:54 PM

Any idea when the 69 Camaro records will be available? I will be in line to get my Vette records for sure. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Mark.